PDA

View Full Version : Blackberrys answer to the ipad

thelostone
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
RIM tablet PC BlackBerry Playbook's price will be a deciding gactor in its success. Blackberry maker Research In Motion officially announced the release of computer tab called PlayBook this week. At the Web ? developer conference on Monday, the company confirmed its new tablet for US only.

With the successful launch of Apple iPad most of the electronic companies are manufacturing its own PC tab to compete against iPad.
RIM says it "the first professional tablet" and "an amazing gaming platform." BlackBerry PlayBook tablet has designed for the corporate users and game lovers. The new device will have some additional specifications that other tabs don?t have.

It is 9.7 mm thick tab and it will have the QNX-built operating system. It has 7-inch display screen, Cortex A9 1GHz dual core processor, micro HDMI, micro USB, video playback, audio playback HDMI video output, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1.
It has a front- and back-facing camera for videoconferencing and supports Flash 10.1 and HTML5 for browser graphics and animations.

billy8791
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
in my opinion it would be hard to compete against apple - i have never liked blackberry it seems it is more for the business end than the average joe bloggs. Who knows though the spec looks good and i could be wrong

Diablo13
02-10-2010, 11:33 PM
So looking at the specs, it is a very big phone then? :))