PDA

View Full Version : EA pulls Taliban from Medal of Honor multiplayer

tinkertiler
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
The upcoming Medal of Honor reboot has been hit by a lot of flak over the decision to include the Taliban as a playable faction in the game's multiplayer component. EA stuck to their guns for a long time regarding the issue, but it seems the pressure has finally gotten to them.

On the game's official website, executive producer Greg Goodrich has announced that the Taliban are now longer part of Medal of Honor's multiplayer mode. Their virtual counterparts have now been renamed "Opposing Force" following comments from "friends and families of fallen soldiers who have expressed concern."

"We are making this change for the men and women serving in the military and for the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice - this franchise will never willfully disrespect, intentionally or otherwise, your memory and service," wrote Goodrich.

The whole Taliban debacle has led not only to criticism from government officials around the world but to the banning of the game from being sold on all US Military base worldwide.

billyboy1963
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
good sense prevails after all

Diablo13
02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Finally a great victory for common sense!
The pressure put on them to change it proves they were pushing good taste way too far, even for a game.

I hate to say I told you so, but it seems I was proved right in my previous post in your thread on this subject, saying they should remove the offending content. :genius: :yes1:

tinkertiler
02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I never saw any video footabge or any evidence that they were going to do this . I wonder if it was just a Advertising stunt???

Diablo13
02-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I never saw any video footabge or any evidence that they were going to do this . I wonder if it was just a Advertising stunt???

Or just a cupid stunt, either way it certainly got them some publicity and media attention! :-?

whichway
03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
As long as reasonable, either way I can accept