PDA

View Full Version : How to Back Up DM500c running Neutrino..?

makii
26-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Hi All,,

wondering if any of you kind people can help me..!!

i would like to know how to backup as much data as possible from my dm500c box. Such as the settings, the services, and thew bouquet.

i know i can ftp and copy the data to my pc, but am wondering if this all i need to do.?

couls some one plz advise me correctly..

many many thanks....

Donnie Darko
26-07-2006, 09:33 AM
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/dreambox/2116-newbie-guide.html

makii
26-07-2006, 09:57 AM
cheers Donnie,,,

i cant view thjough, i need to do some more posts...

sws
26-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I guess it depends what u want to backup for, do you want to be able to transfer settings to a newer image or do you want to backup complete image so you can maybe try out newer/different image then revert to this image if you dont like it. I'm not sure about what files you need to back up individually if you want to transfer to a newer image, this is going to be different depending on what image you are using i.e Gemini or neutrino etc.
If you want to do a complete backup then use flashwizard pro this is a great tool for backing up and restoring images via the network connection.

hope this helps
SwS

Donnie Darko
26-07-2006, 09:02 PM
As stated either back-up the full image or services,bouquets can found in var-tuxbox-config-zapit these can then be saved via ftp.
All the other necessary files can be saved emus,rom files,autoupdate,softcam but these are scattered in different locations.

makii
27-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Excellent,, cheers for all the advice everyone and such a quick response. Have had a lookat flashwizard pro, looks good, and will definetly use ftp to do backups....:hail:

makii
27-07-2006, 08:52 AM
by the way, anyone an expert on FlashWizard Pro, just need a quick tutorial on where to go to do "Complete" backup..

makii
27-07-2006, 08:57 AM
DUH.......just seen the "blue question mark" on the FlashWizard Pro pages, these contain help files and seem to have answered all my questions...

thanks again all...

nayparm
24-08-2006, 02:59 AM
When released, my rudbox modified image will allow you to backup and restore straight to/from, including full image, configs, services/bouquets etc

Nayparm