PDA

View Full Version : UAE bans Dead Rising 2

tinkertiler
28-09-2010, 08:06 AM
The UAE is dead serious in curbing the exposure of their citizens to the games they deem to be violent. The latest game to be included in their ban list is Capcom's zombie-killer Dead Rising 2.

A local distributor for Capcom has confirmed that UAE has banned the game due to "violence, gambling and nudity." The inclusion of alcohol use is also one of the reasons why the state is not letting it in their borders.

You shall not pass!

The same source is claiming that Capcom is trying to appeal the decision but as with all the other games that had been hit by UAE's banhammer, this move appears to be unlikely.

billy8791
28-09-2010, 08:59 PM
The UAE is dead serious in curbing the exposure of their citizens to the games they deem to be violent. The latest game to be included in their ban list is Capcom's zombie-killer Dead Rising 2.

A local distributor for Capcom has confirmed that UAE has banned the game due to "violence, gambling and nudity." The inclusion of alcohol use is also one of the reasons why the state is not letting it in their borders.

You shall not pass!

The same source is claiming that Capcom is trying to appeal the decision but as with all the other games that had been hit by UAE's banhammer, this move appears to be unlikely.

in my opinion why ban certain games?
ppl have their own minds and a game won't influance them to do anything they don't want to do,
the PEGI rating is in place for everyone to vet games for the younger market and should be left at that,
i check every game before i let my son play it and to be honest he would rather have a good kick about with fifa than a good kick in on tekken

Diablo13
28-09-2010, 09:21 PM
The UAE is obviously run by a load of old farts, who think Dominoes is the height of technology!
Either that or as they are "coffin dodgers" themselves they are worried people might dig them up later for a bit of hunting practice? :-? :gun: :roflmao:

tinkertiler
28-09-2010, 09:42 PM
All religion again lol United Arab Emerates which means you cant drink ect ect and the game has this in it thus cannot be sold. Each to there own i guess !! Its only a game though lol