PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Move's LED orb can emit 16 million different colors

tinkertiler
24-09-2010, 12:10 PM
With PlayStation Move now out in the market, the techies of iFixit got hold of one and took it apart to see the insides. At first glance, the fifty-dollar motion wand mostly doesn't have anything out of the ordinary. But did you know that the controller's orb can actually change into 16 million different colors?

ifixit

Inside the orb, you'll find that it's equipped with RGB light-emitting diodes (LEDs) which allow it to change color that'll allow it to be easily distinguishable from the rest of your surroundings. The light also serves as a marker that allows the PlayStation Eye to calculate distance, which improves its ability to track movement along a third axis - that's of course, working with an accelerometer, a rate sensor, and a magnetometer.

Other notable content is a smaller vibrating motor than that of the DualShock 3, as well as a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that you can replace if things go wrong.

billy8791
27-09-2010, 07:54 PM
sounds quite nifty - might after order one to see what it's like to play with - just purchased my first psjailbreak this eve off the site gazer has linked to his profile, so thinking when that comes i will get a wand and that way at least sony have had a little money out of me:D

tinkertiler
27-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Think i will wait till Kinect is out oh and one more vital thing that i would need to get move working would mean me buying a ps3!! Noit going to happen again lol

billy8791
28-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Think i will wait till Kinect is out oh and one more vital thing that i would need to get move working would mean me buying a ps3!! Noit going to happen again lol
AGAIN!!! i take it you had one and something happened to it...

tinkertiler
28-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I had one for 2 hours and sold it lol Hated the dam thing that badly! The blue ray play back on it was horrid which is why i swapped a xbox for it so i just got rid of it straight away!! Never again will i ever own one! Controller is yuk console is horrid looking and is sooooo slow at loading games ect ect What a pile of dog poo thats all i can say!

billy8791
28-09-2010, 08:23 PM
I had one for 2 hours and sold it lol Hated the dam thing that badly! The blue ray play back on it was horrid which is why i swapped a xbox for it so i just got rid of it straight away!! Never again will i ever own one! Controller is yuk console is horrid looking and is sooooo slow at loading games ect ect What a pile of dog poo thats all i can say!
lol i've had mine for a couple of years now got to admit if your not playing in hd the sound and graphics do look quite ****ty, also the load times can be quite long for certain games, but now ps jailbreak is coming according to reviews the load times are 2x as fast as it was before

tinkertiler
28-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I will stick with my xbox and my blue ray drive in my pc lol cheaper pmsl