PDA

View Full Version : PSGROOVE Payload Custom released, plays PS3 backups without a disc

tinkertiler
24-09-2010, 12:08 PM
The PS3 homebrew scene has another reason to celebrate today as famed Spanish coder Hermes releases a modified payload version of the infamous PSGroove, which now allow users to run backups without a disc.

Developer's note:

This code is the result to disassemble port1_config_descriptor and to get some things from AerialX code.

It have some features news:

* You can launch an EBOOT.BIN (unencrypted) from /dev_usb000 using the menu option "/app_home/PS3_GAME".

You must copy in the root folder of the USB device a PS3_GAME folder with the next content.

PS3GAME
|------- USRDIR ---->EBOOT.BIN
|------- ICON0.PNG
|------- PARAM.SFO

* You can also launch backups using a manager. The original manager needs a blu-ray disc to exit and run games, but I have added a new feature to create a shortcut between "/app_home/PS3_GAME" and /dev_bdvd. So, it is possible to launch games without a blu-ray disc in the tray, using this path (but you need other manager or you needs eject the disc after leaving the original manager).

I have tested some games, as Uncharted 2, Heavently Sword and others, mounting it directly (in payload the code) and it works without any disc.

Aditional notes:

Te syscall 36 is used to indicate the game path and it is used to create the shortcut detecting a pointer in the payload . I have relocated "memory_patch_table" because the dedicated area is full and it hang if you copy more code.

To compile the PPU code you needs the compilers created by the ps3toolchain and fix the path in PS3_COMPILERS from Makefile.payload. You needs also the AVR compilers (i use an AT90USBKEY) and maybe gcc compiler (for raw2payload utility in others system)

If you are using a PIC or other method, use port1_config_descriptor.h to replace the same thing.

http://dl.qj.net/playstation-3/homebrew-applications/psgroove-payload-custom.html