PDA

View Full Version : EA: We can beat Activision, but not this year

tinkertiler
24-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Electronic Arts has made it clear, they want to overthrow the Call of Duty franchise from its reign, in the same way FIFA beat Konami's highly-heralded Pro Evolution Soccer series. Speaking recently to MCV, the publisher's European boss Jens Uwe Intat said the company wants the upcoming Medal of Honor reboot to take on Activision's powerhouse series head on, but admits it may take time to accomplish.

"We certainly want to get back on top for shooters with Medal of Honor. We?re not going to outdo Call of Duty this year but it will get dangerously close. This is going to be a journey, as it has been with the way FIFA overtook PES."

?In the years to come, we?re definitely going to beat Activision and Call of Duty. The combination of digital marketing and advertising with the strength of word of mouth ? something that really helped FIFA ? should help the comeback. We actually have two IP bullets in our gun; Battlefield. sold very well this spring and in some countries it came close to outperforming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.?

Medal of Honor will be released on October 12 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and P

Diablo13
25-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Well there's no harm in having confidence.
You need that kind of attitude to grab the customers imagination and sales.
So long as you actually come up with the goodies!
If you disappoint people after a lot of hype, it is a long way down, then an even longer way back up again! :goodnight:

tinkertiler
25-09-2010, 08:14 AM
From the videos that i have seen of this game i must admit it looks brilliant. I just hope as you say it livesa up to all the hype! We will see verye soon lol

Diablo13
25-09-2010, 06:55 PM
From the videos that i have seen of this game i must admit it looks brilliant. I just hope as you say it livesa up to all the hype! We will see verye soon lol

Final Fantasy XIII was a much hyped long awaited game, with millions of devoted followers worldwide. It was supposed to have been re invented, with new active battle systems, better graphics, yadda yadda yadda.
The pre release in game footage looked great!
After 10 years of waiting for it to come out most of us fanboys of the series found that it was a terrible battle system clumsy and awkward to use. It was a very linear storyline with most of the elements that made the franchise great, missing!
It sold millions of copies on release .......... and succeeded in disappointing almost all of its buyers.
It was and is all "fur coat and no knickers"!
That's what I mean, a great gaming franchise, with years of good standing can drop into a bog hole just like that because change is not always for the best, especially when a game is hyper hyped for so long, but in the end it turns out to just a series of pretty graphics images?
You have to be careful about having too many pre conceptions of future games.