PDA

View Full Version : *Latest Update on iOS 4.1 / 4.2 Jailbreak Tool (GreenPoison)

Ureyesonly
24-09-2010, 08:32 AM
P0sixninja, an iOS hacker from Chronic-Dev.Org, who developed a jailbreak tool ?GreenpoisOn? for iPad which was never released, just updated its blog about the upcoming jailbreak for iOS 4.1 to keep the users calm down.

Though nothing is mentioned about the release date of jailbreak, but these few lines will definitely raise the satisfaction level among iPhone lovers:

Although we still can?t give any details of the exploit(s) that need to be used, I figured I?d make an update here to just let you guys know that we are still working hard on the jailbreak and making steady progress. Please keep in mind that even though we have had the method for a while, there was a certain very key element that we (or rather, pod2g the great) only got working a few days ago, so it?s not like we have this packaged up and we are just sitting on it. It is being actively worked on as I type this (the loader, the payload itself, the easy to use computer-side tools, the payload, the patches, etc.) Just hang tight, it will definitely be worth it.

Yes, we still don?t know ?when greenpois0n will be released? but we can explain here ?what greenpois0n is? for those who are not following the updates from last few days.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Greenpoison is not an exploit. In fact it is mere a name, like Snowbreeze or Redsnow, given to a jailbreak tool which was developed for iPad and was not released as mentioned above. First of all an exploit is found in the iOS to bypass the security that prevents the installation of third-party apps and games. After testing the exploit on different devices, it is bundled with another program to make a final toolkit for common user.

So far one working exploit has been confirmed for iOS 4.1, but other exploits are also being tested as said P0sixninja. At this time any updates about these exploits will be far too technical for anyone, who is not involved in such hacking, to understand.

Ureyesonly
27-09-2010, 01:21 PM
iPhone Dev-Team Demoes SHAtter for iOS 4.1 Jailbreak on iPod touch 4G Using PwnageTool

The iPhone Dev-Team has finally shown off a video demo of iOS 4.1 jailbreak on the newly released iPod touch 4G by loading SHAtter exploit in PwnageTool (video after the break). This test version of PwnageTool however is currently for internal testing only. But it will be released later for iPhone 4 users so that they can preserve their old baseband in future for carrier unlock by restoring to the custom firmware file.

The iPhone Dev-Team has also confirmed that new and faster tools (probably named as GreenPois0n) are already being developed which will jailbreak all iOS based devices using this new low-level bootrom exploit named SHAtter. This exploit was discovered by pod2g, a former member of the Chronic Dev-Team. Since it is a low-level bootrom exploit, Apple will not be able to patch this with a new firmware. They will have to introduce a revised hardware for all the current iOS devices to close the loophole. What this means is that once this jailbreak is out, all current iOS based devices will be pwned for life!

YouTube - SHAttered iPod touch 4G (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aoX1Q8ym2J8)

Ureyesonly
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
this is a tweet from p0sixninja.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5682/pod2gpod2gontwitter642x.jpg

Edit: The tethered status of SHAtter or greenpoison has not been announced. It's a surprise!

Edit: i'v also heard the 3GS is not supported in any form.

Ureyesonly
08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Tweet from chronicdevteam.

major thanks to @comex for getting greenpois0n untethered.

Edit: chronicdevteam has said To those that are asking which Device's will this work on? A4 / S5L8930 devices are iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4, and AppleTV 2.

chronicdevteam To clarify, the reason it does not work on non-A4 devices is not because we are lazy, but simply because it can't be exploited on them.

turner123
08-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Tweet from chronicdevteam.

Edit: chronicdevteam has said To those that are asking which Device's will this work on? A4 / S5L8930 devices are iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 4, and AppleTV 2.

chronicdevteam To clarify, the reason it does not work on non-A4 devices is not because we are lazy, but simply because it can't be exploited on them.
so have i just read correct that this is not going to work on iphone 3gs??

Ureyesonly
09-10-2010, 09:00 AM
so have i just read correct that this is not going to work on iphone 3gs??

Yes mate you read it right only device's is listed above..but read this lol

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f221/limera1n-jailbreak-all-devices-10-11-a-37349.html#post198087

Ureyesonly
10-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm glad they have done this rather than waste 2 bootrom Exploits..

chronicdevteam

We are making the responsible decision as suggested by @MuscleNerd and @comex to delay greenpois0n while we implement the limera1n exploit.

Ureyesonly
12-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Greenpois0n is ready

greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. This release of greenpois0n supports:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3G S
- iPod touch (4th Generation)
- iPod touch (3rd Generation)
- iPad

Soon there will be another release, adding things like support for:
- Apple TV (2nd Generation)
- iPod touch (2nd Generation)

turner123
12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
EDIT just noticed its still only for i4 devices

Ureyesonly