PDA

View Full Version : problem with apps on iphone 3G 4.0.2 firmware

omoeko
21-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi All,

I recently had my iphone 3G with a new firmware upgrade, all along I had used the version 3 firmware with no problem, done the jailbreak and unlock for my phone by mysetlf without any problems. Then the firmware got upgraded to 4.0.2 by a technician I told to change my faulty battery and since then its been a nightmare, first of all my tomtom has not worked properly since, at one stage if you open it, it closes by itself. Co-pilot had same problem, an application will work on another phone that I done a Jailbreak for but not work properly on mine.

I went to install TomTom western europe 1.4, that one never got GPS signal. I then reverted back to UK maps TomTom v1, and it never worked properly as it should do or as it used to do before.

Now, I am thinking of changing it to the 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 firmware, any advice people. Also, what will happen if I choose to wipe clean all the data on the phone and have a clean start, as I notice that firmware upgrade does not wipe off data on the phone.

Any ideas ?

Ureyesonly
21-09-2010, 08:59 AM
think I may have answer'd this somewhere b4 anyways, if you saved your SHSH files for the FW when the app was working on you could restore back to it and untick to restore from a backup, or as the new 4.1 FW do's seem to sort out some problems in the 3G you could upgrade an test the app from there but check it's 4.xx compatible as that could be your main problem