PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Generates Record-Breaking 200M USD in First 24h

tinkertiler
16-09-2010, 08:26 AM
>> From the MS press release:

It's official: the "Halo" video game franchise has made history once again. Microsoft today announced that "Halo: Reach" generated more than $200 million in sales in the United States and Europe in the first 24 hours of its release. Based on U.S. sales alone, "Halo: Reach" is now the biggest entertainment launch of 2010 in the U.S., eclipsing the three-day opening weekends of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters like "Iron Man 2," "Alice in Wonderland" and "Toy Story 3" in a single day.

"'Halo: Reach' is the biggest game Microsoft has ever released, and its launch has already surpassed every game, movie and entertainment launch this year," said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "Every major installment has grown in scope and popularity, firmly cementing the 'Halo' franchise as one of the most popular entertainment properties in the world over the past decade."

Xbox Press : ?Halo: Reach? Generates Record-Breaking $200M in First 24 Hours; Secures Place as the Biggest US Entertainment Launch of 2010 (http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/09/15/kz139.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MSGamesPressAlerts+%28Microso ft+Games+Press+Alerts%29&utm_content=FeedBurner)

Diablo13
17-09-2010, 11:07 PM
But is it any good?
I played one of the Halo games a bit back, but it seemed like a button masher and I couldn't really get into it.

tinkertiler
18-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Halo was brilliant, Halo 2 was so so , halo 3 was pants! Halo ODST wasnt my cup of tea but Halo Reach is pretty good if im honest! Few things in it which i didnt like, driving in it took some getting used to as they have changed it but the game play on it is pretty cool.

billyboy1963
18-09-2010, 02:31 PM
You sound as though you like Halo then

digitalman
18-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I agree with Tinker - the 1st Halo was awsome - 2nd good - 3rd not so - but all 3 provided me with lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame I got rid of my xbox and got a ps3!

Diablo13
18-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Reviews online say that this is a good game and much is made of the player cooperation ability.
I don't play online and often the single player game in a genre like this is either very short, or missing a lot of features, because the enemy AI is not up to it.
My question then is;
How do you rate the single player game?

tinkertiler
18-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Single player is pretty good mate as that is all i have played on it. Jtag ftw lol