PDA

View Full Version : Google Showcases Voice Translation App For Android Mobiles

thelostone
12-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Google showed off a new application that translates conversations on Android mobiles at a recent conference in Germany

Google employees held a conversation over two Android mobiles with one person speaking German and the other English. The application worked its magic after each persons statement and then referred the translated message back to the other person.

The application is in a very early stage but worked almost flawlessly, with only a few sentences needing to be repeated. The potential for the application is huge especially in the business sphere and would no doubt improve business relations world-wide.

Google also didn't rule out "live translation" in the future, where there is effectively zero delay between speaking and the translated message being relayed, which is a staggering thought.

billyboy1963
12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
could be a good tool for overseas travellers

Diablo13
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
It's truly amazing what is possible with a mobile these days.
That sounds like a really useful app both for business and people on holiday.
Mobile phones are already the "all can do" palm computers of tomorrow!

Collider
12-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Wheres a babel fish when you want one hey

Diablo13
13-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Wheres a babel fish when you want one hey

The babel fish has a couple of disadvantages Coll.
They start to smell after a bit, and they make your leg wet in your trousers pocket! :roflmao:
Now despite it's problems, not even the Iphone does that! :rolleyes:

Collider
13-09-2010, 10:42 PM
hahahaha i know people that would pay a tenner for an iphone app that would wet your leg lol

Diablo13
13-09-2010, 10:58 PM
hahahaha i know people that would pay a tenner for an iphone app that would wet your leg lol

I have a large dog I could lend you that would do that Coll?
They don't call him Iphone, .......but he has been called a lot worse! :roflmao: