PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar to ban Gamertags, PSN IDs of Red Dead Redemption cheaters

tinkertiler
24-08-2010, 11:48 AM
More bannination is going to be had come tomorrow. Rockstar has warned that if you hacked Red Dead Redemption game saves, you will find your Gamertags and PSN IDs banned from playing.

red-dead-redemption-duel

"Oh yes. As promised, the ban hammer is a'coming," said Rockstar. "Starting on Tuesday 24th August we will be swiftly and indefinitely banishing from the world of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer all Gamertags and PSN IDs we've detected with hacked game saves."

Furthermore, "Such cheating is a clear violation of our code of conduct, and punishable at our sole discretion." If you hacked and gets banned (which you will be, so they promise), you will also be taken out from the leaderboads.

"To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted - single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:

* Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
* All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.
* Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

If you've got something to delete, Rockstar says you better do it before they start sending out the banhammer in a few hours. After which, you have to go online to rgister. For single-player saves, you'll have to replay the game while online all the way to the safehouse at MacFarlane's ranch. If you have multiplayer saves, then you'll need to play one full game online or do one Gang Hideout.

Sounds like a lot of work, eh? That's what you get for taking the shorter, but illegitimate, route.

Diablo13
26-08-2010, 03:59 AM
So much hassle!
I fail to see why anyone would even bother to play online when what is supposed to be a fun pastime gets so serious! :dunno:

What would be really funny was if the Taliban took EA to court for misrepresentation!!!!
"You don't plant a bomb like that, you do it like this"! :roflmao:

tinkertiler
26-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Its a bit wrong if you have to cheat to get everything out of the game and people who cheat should get a ban as far as inm concerned. Modern Warfare 2 is now in ruin because of people with jtagged xboxes and i am surprised that more bans havent been handed out due to people cheating on it! They have to draw the line at some point and protect the people that want to play the game properly. It did start happening on PGR4 but it soon got fixed i think as the way they was cheating was unreal modding the cars way way past what they should be able to do and it was obvious what they was up to. Ruined the game for people like me who enjoy a bit of driving on the old xbox online

Diablo13
26-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I take your point about cheating spoiling other peoples games online tink.
I once tried a shooter online, on an unknown open server, where everyone had enhancement cheats on, except me!
I was fragged from ar$ehole to breakfast time and I got very pi$$ed off very quickly and jumped off again!

On the other hand, I don't play online so sometimes I will take advantage of a cheat here and there, just so that I can get through the game to the end.
Games designers forget that everyone who enjoys gaming is not a youngster. Some of the multi button combos needed in some of today's games just aren't going to happen for me, with slower reactions and coordination, to say nothing of a bit of arthritis!
I should still have the right to play a game right through to the end though if I enjoy it and don't bother anyone else!