PDA

View Full Version : Using Your Jailbroken PS3 Online Will Send the Sony Cops Your Way

tinkertiler
24-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide (http://m.gizmodo.com/5619979/using-your-jailbroken-ps3-online-will-send-the-sony-cops-your-way)

Using Your Jailbroken PS3 Online Will Send the Sony Cops Your Way
By Brian Barrett, Aug 23, 2010 05:41 PM

As tempting as it might be to jailbreak your PS3, you really probably definitely shouldn't. Because when you do, Sony can detect the software ID the jailbreak program uses, and ban your PS3 remotely. According to a PS3 Hacks posting:

Sony does currently ban PSN/consoles that results in the 8002A227 error code...[So], as people start getting their PSjb in the next few weeks, we highly advise that you do not log into PSN while using the backup manager, which means no playing online."

So it comes down to which you value more: a jailbroken PS3 or the PSN. It's not exactly Sophie's Choice, but it's a pain in the neck?especially if you've already used PSJailbreak. [TGDaily]

aj2169
24-08-2010, 09:09 AM
I take it you only have to have the jailbreak device plugged in when playing copied games off the hard disk ? in which case you wouldnt log onto PSN during this would you ?

if you wanted to play online (using a legitamate game) can you just unplug the jailbreak and log on as normal and sony wouldnt know ?

turner123
24-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Well im not using it lol, all i do is play online and i dont buy that many games, so im staying away from this for sure, ill be gutted if i got banned, no more fifa online, nope nope not good enough, your paying 90 odd quid for the pleasure of getting banned and maybe more who knows yet.

im sure it stores data on the ps3 what n how many games you have played and they will be able to check against that, so its DO it at your own risk

tinkertiler
24-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Its the same as modding a xbox and playing on liv even with a original if you mod it in any way you risk getting banned so if you dont want to get banned dont use it lol