PDA

View Full Version : GUIDE FOR INSTALLATION OF PS JAILBREAK(dongle still needed to run)

Collider
21-08-2010, 08:18 AM
PS Jailbreak is optimized for software version 3:41 which is the latest from Sony in the current situation, you should avoid future updates until you know they are ok.

1 Download Backup Manager on the link below and unpack to a USB stick with FAT32. This program is used to start and to backup games.
2. Make sure your PS3 is turned off.
3. Connect your PS to jailbreak one of the USB ports on your PS3, nothing should be connected.
4. Start using the power button and quickly after press the eject button. Two lights on the PS Jailbreak dongle will illuminate when the console loads are light green and so it works. Will the red so you'd better try again.
5. Now insert the USB stick with Backup Manager.
6. Select "Game" and then "Install Package Files". Choose to install the Backup Manager.
7. Now you can scroll down to "Game" and where you can choose to start the Backup Manager and we will do.
8. Insert the game you want to backup. You can also plug in an external USB hard drive and choose to backup on this, but we recommend the current situation using the internal disk as FAT32 does not handle larger files than 4GB which can cause problems at the back of some games. It is working on a solution. The instructions on the TV should be no problem to understand, you press O to make backups of a game.
9. To download a backup of all the games you have to have a PS3 game in Bluray reader, the game does not matter who sits where. It looks to start the console as before with the power button then quickly press the eject to activate PS JailBreak. Insert the optional PS3 disc and then you just start the Backup Manager and select the game you want to play, Backup Manager will then download the current PS3 games in the regular menu.

WORK: (working)
Race Driver GRID
Fight Night Round 3
Skate 2
FIFA 08
FIFA 09
Resistance Fall Of Man
Mirror's Edge
MotorStorm
MX vs. ATV Reflex
Wall-E
Need for Speed ProStreet
Infamous

DOES NOT: (not working)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (black screen on startup)
FIFA 10 (hangs before startup)
NHL 10 (hangs before startup)
UFC 2010 Undisputed (hangs before startup)
The above game might work at any updating, you're working on it.

Product description and FAQ from Various websites:

Q: What firmware version JailBreak PS Does it work on?
A. Apparently It Works On A Couple Of Old firmware version on, But it was Designed for the latest firmware version 3:41

Q. Does PS Jailbreak Allow you to dump PS2 games, PS1 Game, Blu ray movies?
A. No, just PS3 games.

Q. Does PS JailBreak allowable everytime Game to Work?
A. Apparently 150 games Have Been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 4gb file over the program notes ask goodwill variable to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the word around is to dump it on an internal hardrive

Q. Can I still play online with PS Jailbreak?
A. When today (08/19/2010) You Can, We Can not Guarantee You Will never be banned for Using the 3rd party device.

Q. Can Sonly blocks this with firmware updates?
A. Probably. The lotion lotion the USB dongle firmware upgradable, But You Can Never Predict the Future. This Is made to work with 3:41. If you happen to download an install an update Which Is High hadeeth this hadeeth it is your doing. We Will note card stock back as "faulty" If You Have upgraded your firmware.

Here's more from the-making, Promises aunt 2x playback, homebrew and more:

* PS Jailbreak Is a USB plug and play solution That installs in seconds, timekeeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

* Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step-by-step.
Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

* PS Jailbreak disable forced software updates and Will Never brick your console.
Supports all games (It does note the Allow backups of Bluray movies, DVD movies, or past games consoles)

* Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot off Directly GUI. Eliminating the Need for expensive blueray burners and blank media costly.

* Play backups off your harddrives 2x as solid as off-the blueray drive. This team eliminator and glitches to Provide you with Smoother game play.

* Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps / games off Any USB hard drive / flash drive.

* Fully updatable with new features / updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to Any computers USB port.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2yxmdxz.jpg

Just a guide as dongle is needed :)

tinkertiler
21-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Q. Does PS JailBreak allowable everytime Game to Work?
A. Apparently 150 games Have Been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 4gb file over the program notes ask goodwill variable to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the word around is to dump it on an internal hardrive

They are saying this and then -

DOES NOT: (not working)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (black screen on startup)
FIFA 10 (hangs before startup)
NHL 10 (hangs before startup)
UFC 2010 Undisputed (hangs before startup)
The above game might work at any updating, you're working on it.

How the hell can they say that lol They all work but these dont lol

Im starting to smell a rat now and im having trouble in believing this actually works!! Im starting to think this is a scam after reading all that as it makes no scense!!! You cant say all games are working and in the next breath say well these dont work lol I would hold off before anyone buys this, see what happens after its released after everyone has rushed out to buy one and look on the net to see what is happening with them. No doubt if it does work someone will be making clones of them and the price will drop to a more affordable price when the price war starts if it is true

Collider
21-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I copied it from swedish website mate so google translation aint 100% lol,has been confirmed by various realiable sources in the playstation scene.

Although saying all that i think this will be simular to jtag xbox,you will have to have 3:41 firmware for the dongle to work and like jtag xbox if you update then it no good,expect a new firmware in the next couple of weeks ;)

turner123
21-08-2010, 12:40 PM
WELL thats just done it for me FIFA 10 dont work, only flipping game i play pmsl

tinkertiler
21-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I did think that when i saw it turner lol

Collider
21-08-2010, 05:24 PM
WELL thats just done it for me FIFA 10 dont work, only flipping game i play pmsl

lmfao tink said you werent even that good anyway lol

tinkertiler
21-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Shhhhhh i told you that in confidence pmsl

EDIT - Oh look at this looks pretty much the same to me lol http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-picokey.html

turner123
21-08-2010, 05:54 PM
well he prob rite lol, so come on then get a ps3 on n stick fifa on well sort this out on the pitch lol man to man grrr pmsl

Collider
22-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Shhhhhh i told you that in confidence pmsl

EDIT - Oh look at this looks pretty much the same to me lol Pico Key Drive (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. just looks like ozmodchips are going to try make quick buck before someone clones it,which i hope isnt far off

tinkertiler
22-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Ive just been reading that they are panicing as clones are already about to surface lol Makes you laugh that they are complaing about clones !! What do they expect when they try and charge that amout for it!! It wont be long before you will be able to build one for yourself as the data sheet has already been leeked for it lol This just reminds me of the LT firmware fiasco last year with c4eva trying to get money from it !!

MaxConsole - PSJailbreak cloned already? Creators plea to buy the original for 'support' and 'warranty' (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. By the makers own admission, the PSJailbreak has already been 'cloned'. Upon their website (which is now partially accessible), there is a message which states the following (been there since the start, although not many have been able to see)- "Beware of imitators and chinese knock-offs, PS Jailbreak is the original solution, Buy original for warranty and support". Upon analysis of the text, the clearly wouldn't let people know there are 'knock-offs' in existance if there weren't. Although, from their later plea to buy the 'original for warranty and support', this suggests that the knock-offs do actually work otherwise they would say they don't. This whole device has been a bit of a 'mystery' and perhaps it is all over mainland China right now. Check the image to the left inside to see the full 'warning'.

On a related note, another website has reported (a couple of days ago) that clones are set to brace the market as early as next week, here's what psx-scene stated "We've heard from numerous sources that their PS Jailbreak clones will be hitting as early as next week."

If true, this highly raises the possibility of the code becoming public domain and the hack essentially becoming as free as custom firmwares of the past. Time will tell.

Edit - Picture of the chip and info on the chip http://i.imgur.com/e03a9.jpg

Collider
22-08-2010, 08:32 PM
PS3 Dev Notes on PS JailBreak:

Mathieulh: psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk), The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools.

The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a "nicely" done GUI that lets you "backup" your game to the external or usb hdd and "run" them later on.

Needless to say the backups wont "run" as their "backup manager" is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn't make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony's software and keys/certificates.

Ok, I know enough people that have the dongle to confirm that it?s real even though I don?t have one myself (yet). I believe it to be a USB jig; it?s triggered the same way as SCE?s official version so they must then use an exploit and do some lv2 patches. It?s also likely that they ?finalize? (set recover flag to 0) the console at every boot because you always need to use power + eject.

It also doesn?t convert a retail to debug perse, there is no debug menu and no deci3 (debugging) support as far as I know. Also the fact that it only runs on 3.31 suggests that they do memory patches rather than run another kernel on the console. I might be wrong about that though since I don?t have one yet myself.

Also the fact that it only runs on 3.41 suggest that they do memory patches rather than run another kernel on the console.

RichDevX: I hope nobody gave them money.. appears to be a 48 pin MCU

NDT: It wasn't actually a locked door, cause i'm sure the hackers cloned the jig module h/w and used it with their sw, so ps3 recognize the usb key like the sony hw itself, it's looks like a troian horse more than a firmware hack.

The problem until now was that no one shared the jig scheme, that's why no one was able to use this "simply" method. Maybe these hackers have really GOOD contacts.

A friend tested the patched manager with his debug and he told me it creates a directory with all the files untouched. Since original files can't work from hdd there must be some other tool that patch the eboot.

By the way it create a directory with the files. The problem is that the game won't start because the eboot is still encrypted, maybe the dongle does somthing on the fly...

By the way if the dongle "transform" a retail PS3 into a debug one then it give it the ability to install debug pkgs, this means it's possible to install homebrew on a retail Ps3 that's awesome!

It could also be that port 1000 could be open just like the debug PS3 so it could communicate with a PC (APP HOME + Target manager and so on).

I forgot to mention that the debug self can't be run from a retail unit (without the dongle at least that convert the retail to debug).

By the way it's impossible to play new games with 1.10 fw cause of the fact new games need an updated firmware because new firmware carry new libraries needed to run the games.

Some games just check the fw version in order to let the user to update (while they use old libraries revision to work) the most games instead use new libraries because the developers used them to create the game, so can't run on older firmwares.

Those with a debug could also share games saved internally. Well, it could be that jb enables port 1000 even on retail, we don't know it yet.

CJPC: Haven't tried it, but it looks like it will copy the game on a Debug PS3 but won't decrypt the executable... so, it's basically a giant "copy dev_bdvd/* hdd0/*" for lack of a better term.

RichDevX PS JailBreak Notes:

? on a debug unit, it'll branch to sys_process_exit
? based on the value that is passed to sub_10B20(true/false)
? if false is passed, it'll exit, else it'll branch to sys_game_process_exitspawn2
? i forced it to branch
? sys_game_process_exitspawn2("/dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLUS30011/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0x3E9, 0x70)
? it's stored there :p
? sub_10B20(false);
? aka it wont boot a game, i'll just exit the process
? they released this app, and hardcoded it so it wouldn't launch an selfs on our test kits only on theirs

from ps3news,intresting read