PDA

View Full Version : Apple release 4.0.2

turner123
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
As title says apple have applied a fix for the latest jailbreakme.com exploit, so if you are already jb DONT upgrade to the new 4.0.2, also back up your shsh files before its too late.

here is the latest tiny umbrella and a new vid tut showing how to do it

YouTube - ‪Save SHSH via FirmwareUmbrella HD‬‎ (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. also here is basicly what apple have done and explained why shsh blobs are very important

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riUdoyV05tE

Ureyesonly
11-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Update 1:
Planetbeing tweets that Apple hasn't bothered to patch the exploit for the first generation iPhone. Are you serious, Apple's not going to patch the Safari remote execution on the first gen iPhone???!

Update 2:
Apple has posted a support document outlining the security issue that has been fixed.

A stack buffer overflow exists in FreeType's handling of CFF opcodes. Viewing a PDF document with maliciously crafted embedded fonts may allow arbitrary code execution. This issue is addressed through improved bounds checking.

Update 3:
MuscleNerd notes that the baseband hasn't been updated in 4.0.2. iPhone 4 baseband isn't updated in 4.0.2, but ultrasn0w requires JB. 4.0.1 SHSH blobs will protect you from "oops" update

kevdoc06
17-08-2010, 10:26 PM
how do i restore my iphone 4 using 4.0.1 SHSH's on saurik server? i needa do a restore but am affraid to use itunes incase it installs 4.0.2. cydia says the SHSH's are on file..

turner123
17-08-2010, 10:27 PM
how do i restore my iphone 4 using 4.0.1 SHSH's on saurik server? i needa do a restore but am affraid to use itunes incase it installs 4.0.2. cydia says the SHSH's are on file..
sent a pm mate ill talk you through it on msn pal

Ureyesonly
18-08-2010, 09:15 AM

How to Edit and Save Hosts file in Windows

Open Notepad with Administrative privileges by clicking Start, All Programs,Accessories, and then right-click Notepad and select to open as Administrator.
Now browse to (C:/Windows / System32 / drivers / etc) in Notepad and open the hosts file, and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com <————

Now you navigate to files menu and save the hosts file. By doing this you changed the communication server from Apple to Sauriks Server, because your ECID is on that server. Now you can put your iPhone in DFU mode to restore back to to OS 3.1.3 or lower. Follow our previous guide Downgrade iPhone 3G / 3GS
================================================== ==================================
How to Edit and Save Hosts file in Mac OS X

Navigate to Finder, Click to select Go to Folder… from the Go menu and Enter /etc into the input field and click the Go button.
Now look for hosts file, right click on hosts file and open with Text Edit, and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com <————

Now save the file and click on Save As.
Because Text Editor can’t save your system files, here comes the tricky part, in save as windows use the following settings, take a close look at the following image.

Uncheck the “ If no extension is provide, use .txt “ and then press the save button.
A host file will be appear on your Desktop, just drag and drop to /etc and follow the onscreen instructions.

By doing this you changed the communication server from Apple to Sauriks Server, because your ECID is on that server. Now you can put your iPhone in DFU mode to restore to any of the previous OS. Follow our previous guide Downgrade iPhone 3G / 3GS

Downgrade guide is in the thread below

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f223/how-downgrade-your-iphone-3g-s-36329.html

Ureyesonly
18-08-2010, 03:17 PM

OK out of complete boardem i upgraded to 4.0.2 and done a restore back to 4.0.1 lol which means apples still signing 4.0.1.. you're going to put your phone in dfu mode and look for te ipsw files. Download iPhone 4 - 4.0.1 restore fw and then on your keyboard hold Shift and click the Restore button an look for 4.0.1 ipsw file. you better use tinyumbrella to get your 4.0.1 shsh's while you can.

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-8619.20100715.4Pnsx/iPhone3,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw

Put Your Phone Into DFU Mode

1. Plug in your iPhone.
2. Power it down by holding the sleep/lock button and sliding to power off.
3. Once it's powered down, press and hold both the sleep/lock button and the home button for ten seconds.
4. After ten seconds, release the power button but continue holding down the home button.
5. If you did it right, iTunes will pop up a window (like the one below) telling you that it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode and your iPhone's screen will be black. If it didn't work, start from the beginning and try again.

turner123
18-08-2010, 09:45 PM
OK out of complete boardem i upgraded to 4.0.2 and done a restore back to 4.0.1 lol which means apples still signing 4.0.1.. you're going to put your phone in dfu mode and look for te ipsw files. Download iPhone 4 - 4.0.1 restore fw and then on your keyboard hold Shift and click the Restore button an look for 4.0.1 ipsw file. you better use tinyumbrella to get your 4.0.1 shsh's while you can.

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-8619.20100715.4Pnsx/iPhone3,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw

Put Your Phone Into DFU Mode

1. Plug in your iPhone.
2. Power it down by holding the sleep/lock button and sliding to power off.
3. Once it's powered down, press and hold both the sleep/lock button and the home button for ten seconds.
4. After ten seconds, release the power button but continue holding down the home button.
5. If you did it right, iTunes will pop up a window (like the one below) telling you that it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode and your iPhone's screen will be black. If it didn't work, start from the beginning and try again.
are apple defo signing 4.0.1? as i can get me mates iphone 4 and stick 4.0.1 on and grab his shsh's, or is it you have 4.0.1 on file?

Ureyesonly
18-08-2010, 11:24 PM
are apple defo signing 4.0.1? as i can get me mates iphone 4 and stick 4.0.1 on and grab his shsh's, or is it you have 4.0.1 on file?

yep mate mines come back ok

Ureyesonly
19-08-2010, 11:50 PM

Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1 now.