PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S 8gig

DessertDog
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Just ordered this phone on 3 has anyone got a way of unlocking it apart from paying some shop i mean lol.
Thanks for looking i see codes are on sale on fleebay but not sure how good these are.

Magnu420
10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
ask three for the unlock code

i thought all contract phones was supposinly unlocked simfree,i remember a couple years back sayin all contract phones will be simfree

DessertDog
11-08-2010, 06:59 AM
It seems that only phones from the carphone warehouse and there affiliates are unlocked most others are still locked when you get them m8

Diablo13
11-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some new law passed just recently, which said something about sellers having to make ALL new phones capable of using any network? :confused:

I would tell 3 you want to stay with them (lie?), but you want it unlocking to use your separate business sim, which is on another network! :genius:
That should get you unlocked?

DessertDog
12-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I thought there was also m8 but 3 say no.
Market want 40 quid and its only a code so im told by the market bloke. Maybe ill have to use ebay seen it on there for 14.99 lol
Just found this : To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thanks for help though

DessertDog
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Its arrived and its 16gig goona play now

Diablo13
12-08-2010, 09:03 PM
That was a good link which clarified the locked sim situation quite nicely DD.
Very useful, so your good deed done we will leave you to play in peace, then report back! :mp:

DessertDog
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Well i managed to grab a few hours playing with the phone and i am very impressed.
My old phone was a sammy jet and the scrolling was not that good but this galaxy is very very good i like the snap function its just like the iphone and works as well too.
Navagation is very good and as accurate as my tomtom.
email is easy to set up and use.
Im having a few probs with bluetooth but im sure thats the lappy at fault not the phone.
HD Movies wow they are really clear only 720 but very good all the same.
Camera pics are great with face reconition and chrystal clear.
I need to sort out the blue tooth so i can load some music onto it the radio is good head phones are very comfy to wear and sound is great.

Hope this helps some.
This is so far the best mobile i have had.

DessertDog
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Update:
Just got hold of a blue tooth head set from fleabay and very very pleased with sound quality.I love the android system its so much better than any i have used before and the free downloads are really good.All in all ahappy bunny with the new phone.