PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 jailbreak

Ureyesonly
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
The iPhone 4 Jailbreak is Released, visit
JailbreakMe (http://jailbreakme.com)
Or JailbreakMe (http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com/)
on your iPhone 4 or some other iDevice.
This version of the jailbreak is similar to the jailbreak for 1.1.1 firmware.
How to use:
Slide to Jailbreak
Supports:
iPod 1G on 3.1.2
iPod 1G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 3.1.2
iPod 2G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 4.0
iPod 3G on 3.1.2
iPod 3G on 3.1.3
iPod 3G on 4.0
iPad on 3.2
iPad on 3.2.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
iPhone 4 on 4.0
iPhone 4 on 4.0.1
Warning: The website may not load.

Ureyesonly
01-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Use your iPhone or iPod to visit ether 1 of those links then follow wots on the screen.

Edit: If your stuck at the purple screen, reboot and try again
again.

Sicilian
02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Is the lastest official firmware for a 3GS on Orange 4.01? Is it worth updating to that from 4.0 prior to the jailbreak?

berley
02-08-2010, 07:29 AM
4.0.1 is the latest official firmware as I've just connected to itunes and checked :)

Ureyesonly
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Is the lastest official firmware for a 3GS on Orange 4.01? Is it worth updating to that from 4.0 prior to the jailbreak?

yes mate I would update now while it's safe before 4.1 comes soon as you get Cydia do all it's updates then it will save 4.0 & 4.0.1 SHSH blobs for you so you can downgrade the future if needed.

Ureyesonly
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
If you are seeing lines when respringing or rebooting your iDevice. From Saurik's IRC

comex: They are actually the shellcode 10:58 PM

comex: I am using video ram to store it because it tends to live at a known address 10:59 PM

comex: and the exploit requires that I know the address of it from the kernelk's perspective

Ureyesonly
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Step 1

* Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet.
* Open the Safari Browser from your iPhone 4 Springboard.
* Input one of the following URLs:
o JailbreakMe (http://jailbreakme.com)
o JailbreakMe (http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com/)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Step 2

Now Slide to Jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0 firmware.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. First it will download the jailbreak data
* then the jailbreak process will begin

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Once the process is complete, the following popup message will appear

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Hit the OK button and close Safari.

Voila! You’ve successfully jailbreak iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe userland jailbreak by Comex.

turner123
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
i can confirm that this works on the iphone 4 too, i was passing the o2 shop so popped in and did one of there's lol
also my 3gs 4.0.1 went sweet this morning all back up and running perfect.

must say the work the dev team have done on this jb is awsome n credits are well deserved for this release.

Ureyesonly
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Update: from the jailbreak was released Cyida wearn't loadin sometimes or timing out and there was something wrong with 3G so i'v done a restore back to 4.0 now its fine & loadin faster with no problems.

kevdoc06
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
ok so ive somehow managed to brick my iphone 4 with this jailbreak :( gutted becuz i bought it sim free from apple for ?500. the thing wont switch on it just freezes on the apple logo on startup and stays there. ok so i thought that i could just restore the backup that i created but itunes doesnt even pick up the device as connected. any1 any ideas how i can unbrick it if possible?

Ureyesonly
03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Hold down the POWER+HOME buttons together for about 7-8 seconds until you see the Apple logo appear.
About a second after the Apple logo appears, release the POWER button, but keep holding the HOME button until iTunes detects your iPhone in "Recovery Mode"
Release the HOME button.
Do a "Restore" on your iPhone as you normally would.

kevdoc06
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
mate your a legend, you have no idea how much i was sweating all day trying to think of an excuse to tell my insurer haha its working again, i just set it up as a new phone tho becuz i think the backup i had contained jb settings etc. man im as happy as a pig in ****e. i thought it was completly fooked. i cant thank you enuf mate honestly. think il stay away from jailbreakme 2.0 for a while anyway, as it was an app that caused it to happen.

edit: do u think it would be possible to restore it from the backup just to get my photos etc back again or should i jus take a small dig on the chin and forget about them lol.

turner123
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
mate your a legend, you have no idea how much i was sweating all day trying to think of an excuse to tell my insurer haha its working again, i just set it up as a new phone tho becuz i think the backup i had contained jb settings etc. man im as happy as a pig in ****e. i thought it was completly fooked. i cant thank you enuf mate honestly. think il stay away from jailbreakme 2.0 for a while anyway, as it was an app that caused it to happen.

edit: do u think it would be possible to restore it from the backup just to get my photos etc back again or should i jus take a small dig on the chin and forget about them lol.
if your photo's are stored in itunes just sync them again and you ll have em back, if there not try a restore as is near imposible to brick an iphone, but good to see you back to normal now with yours lol.

i was getting that error with cydia something about wrong language etc, so what i did was restore to 4.0 then just updated to 4.0.1 using itunes normal (genuine) update then jb again and cydia has been fine since, i think my problem was maybe i updated straight to 4.0.1 from 3.1.3 jb and jb'ed it on 4.0.1 but now have to say all is 100% fine

Ureyesonly
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
if it was me I'd do a fresh install of 4.0 then backup your fw before 4.1 comes

kevdoc06
03-08-2010, 08:14 PM
What's the advantage of this jb? This is my first time owning an iPhone and I failed at my first jb, well when I say failed I kinda didn't cuz it jailbreaked ok but when I tried to install something it crashed n failed to boot. I couldn't really find what I was looking for. I heard that I would be able to FaceTime over 3G but couldn't.

Ureyesonly
03-08-2010, 08:23 PM
What's the advantage of this jb? This is my first time owning an iPhone and I failed at my first jb, well when I say failed I kinda didn't cuz it jailbreaked ok but when I tried to install something it crashed n failed to boot. I couldn't really find what I was looking for. I heard that I would be able to FaceTime over 3G but couldn't.

No mate wot done was normal for any 1 that has never done this before but not your fault cause most apps need updated to run in IOS4 here's a link of wots compatible atm
if you want Face time over 3G install an app called My3G in Cydia

EDIT: Any of your mates that have an older iPhone tell them to install Fring from the app store then you can video talk to them free via 3G

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AnTNaYRM5HBVdE1hRXJqZUdXVmxEdl93NEFqaFVmY lE&gid=0

turner123
03-08-2010, 09:22 PM
ureyesonly is spot on, i remember when i did mine 1st i fooked it up trying to install repo's etc n made a complete cock up, but unwitinly i backed up my shsh blobs n had no idea what they was for, i managed to get stuck in the dfu loop, but ireb sorted that and i was jb on 3.1.3, the benifits of jb a iphone is you get the freedom to install and use the device how you like, from what apple decided you was not allowed to have, i was the same as you not so many weeks ago and was worried about jb etc, but tbh its great and i have learned alot, esp from a good pal on here "cozmo" he guided me through alot n without his help i would of been pretty much stuck lol.

im really liking the install0us 3.2 it even gets me updates for the apps. i used the older one last time 2.3 i think it was but added the iFile into the phone via openssh and that was pretty cool, i would recomend nayone who has a "i" device jb is the way forward

d3putydawg
08-08-2010, 03:31 PM
ok if i do my phone this way is there a way i can also open my phone to any network too

turner123
08-08-2010, 05:14 PM
ok if i do my phone this way is there a way i can also open my phone to any network too
yes mate ultrasn0w in cydia, iv not unlocked mine as im on o2 so no need to, but all the info how to is on ere im sure ureyesonly posted it

Ureyesonly
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM

elo mate, your safe to unlock as turner has pointed out. And as i'v always said backup your fw.