PDA

View Full Version : ARRRRR jtag

m0whc
24-07-2006, 10:24 AM
does any body know why every time try and start up bke 2 i keep getting internal error 43 !! as this is doing my head in no matter what i do i keep getting this

edcase
24-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Does your jtag serial port have pins 8 and 15 shorted together?

edcase

m0whc
24-07-2006, 11:18 AM
SORRY M8Y its a 10 pin 1 from jabs place both ends have plugs on them as u can tell am not to clever with this the box is looking like its going for a drop kick lol

bammy
25-07-2006, 04:02 PM
@edcase - its a parallel port, not a serial!

@m0whc - you need to open up the business end of the jtag (i.e. remove the case on the 25 pin plug) and make sure pins 8 & 15 are joined together. You'll need to solder a piece of wire between the two pins. The pin numbers are normally moulded into the plastic housing but you'll need to look closely.

edcase
25-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Yep, its definitely a parallel port, you would have a hard job trying to connect to pin 15 on a serial port! I was operating in hangover mode when I wrote that, lol.

If shorting pins 8 and 15 still doesnt work then double check your connections to the box.
I have heard of some people also needing to short pins 1, 10, 12 and 18-25 all to ground (although I have never encountered that problem myself).

edcase

m0whc
26-07-2006, 08:45 PM
right av tried everything av been told this box is going for a swim am at the point were valiam wont even work all the points have good connections 8 +15 are together
think al just have to admit defeat and i thought au cards used to be hard :(
or maybe am getting to old lol thanks 4 all the help guys anyway

skanku
30-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Right m8 i had the same problem there are 2 types of

parallel cable one fully wired and one not just ask

for fully wired should do the job worked 4 me

spaceman
15-10-2006, 03:16 PM
hi
can anyone help me with this as I have similar problem.. but difference is it works with my old laptop but not my ibm thinkpad t23?
The fact that it works on one and not another rules out any jtag problem or soldering error.
I have tried a number of suggestions around the forum.
Currently got it set to ecp in the bios - i do not have ecp+epp settings in the bios.

error message: ocdemon internal error 43

same error using bke 2.2, ocd commander, samsung debug tool.

Can anyone please help me debug this.

Dalang
07-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I get the same error and linking 8 & 15 worked

still get a connection error which I think is the Parellel port settings does anyone no what the Bios settings are for the PP

Bi directional - EPP or ECP?

cheers Del