PDA

View Full Version : psp downloaded games

jeeps1
23-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi guys pretty new to the psp scene the guy i bought it from gave me dvds with games and movies on it but when i downloaded my own games i cant get them to work is it something to do with the loader ? some help please and I thank u in advance :41:

toms012006
24-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Which loader have you got?

Goie
24-07-2006, 10:23 PM
depends are they conpatiable with the soft ware on your psp

jeeps1
03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi guys sorry been away for afew days i have a 1.5 firmwaqre and i have fastloader and devhook on my machine ? any help would be appreciated

loiboi
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
what format are the games youve downloaded?
The problem could be that the games have been modified to work with different loaders. The best thing to do is get a clean full version of the game and try running it in dev hook as that has the best compatibility.

n1qbal
03-08-2006, 10:18 PM
you'll have to find out what ur firmware is and then downgrade and get the loader

watto_uk
16-08-2006, 12:39 AM
I found I could not have Fastloader and DevHook on the same card as they would conflict with each other. As for running the games, use the newest version of DevHook (which I believe is 0.46). Set it to 2.71 and it should work for virtually anything. I haven't had a failier yet.

Currantly playing Tekken 5 DR.

peter23
20-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I am completely new to this?

Canyone got a guide to how I cna download games to my psp

i have 24mb broadband, so i should get them fast.

I jsut want to know how i can rip and download and get the games onto my machine, and where I should get them from?

should i buy one of those psp full memory cards on?

or what?

Thanks
Pete

karlosfandango
26-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Newest Devhook plays just about everything now.

eddy99
03-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I too am quite new to this PSP, can any one point me in the direction of where to read up on downgrading, using archived games etc.

Cheers

bassy777
12-09-2006, 10:36 PM
do a search on google eddy,u should get all the info u require.

zinc
14-09-2006, 09:30 AM
You need to get a copy of Devhook 0.46 and Fastloader 0.7. These are the two that seem to be a good combo with firmware 1.5 at the moment. I have not had any conflicts with this como on the same card.

mickm
15-09-2006, 02:15 PM
sorry i was just wondering can the games be played from the memory card & how can you do it if they can.

my son has a psp with a gig mem card & was told he can put games on the mem card & play them.

please let me know

:help:

watto_uk
19-09-2006, 06:18 PM
sorry i was just wondering can the games be played from the memory card & how can you do it if they can.
my son has a psp with a gig mem card & was told he can put games on the mem card & play them.
please let me know
:help:

You need a 1.5 firmware PSP. If it is, you'll need a program call DevHook 0.46, which you can get from psp-hacks.com. When you load this, you can run ISO files from the memory stick.

nash
19-09-2006, 08:21 PM
could some nice person if we are allowed do a post on how to downgrade your psp especially for a idiot like me.
regards

i have a version 2.60 and i have just read it will only do when i have a uncracked version of gta is this true and why?

watto_uk
19-09-2006, 08:35 PM
could some nice person if we are allowed do a post on how to downgrade your psp especially for a idiot like me.
regards

Switch on your PSP and go to System settings. Scroll down to System information and check what version you have, first. Post the result and we'll tell you if you're able to proceed.

nash
20-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Version 2.60 but when i put in a game wwe smackdown vs raw its comes up do i want to upgrade to v2.50

watto_uk
24-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Version 2.60 but when i put in a game wwe smackdown vs raw its comes up do i want to upgrade to v2.50

Go to PSP-HACKS.COM and download the 2.71 update. Make sure your PSP is plugged into the mains and has more than 60% power. Upgrade to 2.71.

After you have a 2.71, download the 2.71 downgrader (this downgrade does not need the Grand Theft Auto LCS UMD). Unzip the files to your desktop or wherever you want and follow the instructions. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS!

After you have copied all the files and whatnot, when you run the downgrader, one of two things will happen. If the screen goes red, it is working. Leave it a few minutes, till it crashes. When you reboot, you will have a 1.50 and will need to set everything back up. (time, date and such). If the PSP just hangs, hold the power switch up, till it switches off, to do a full reset. Re-run the downgrader. Repeat if necessary, as the downgrader will only run 1 out of about 10 times.

When you have succesfully created a 1.50, you'll need to download DevHook. This comes as an installer for the latest version, so it's very straightforward.

You will need 1 game UMD to run an ISO, though. When you have your ISO files, put them in the ISO folder DevHook has created. Run DevHook and select the ISO you have downloaded. If there is only 1 ISO on the memory stick, it will automatically select it. Set the other settings up as necessay. Once set, you dont have to set them up again, as one setting seems to work with all.

After the selected ISO is run, the PSP will reset. I always eject the UMD when reseting, as it can crash sometimes. When the PSP has reset, you can go into System Settings and see that DevHook has tricked the PSP into thinking it's a 2.71 or whatever you selected in DevHook.

To run the game, insert the UMD and select it. Instead of the game on the UMD, the selected ISO will be displayed. Run the game and have fun.:wink:

Gillsfan
02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I always use devhook.. but had issues with all of them. :(

Livo-san
08-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Go to PSP-HACKS.COM and download the 2.71 update. Make sure your PSP is plugged into the mains and has more than 60% power. Upgrade to 2.71.
After you have a 2.71, download the 2.71 downgrader (this downgrade does not need the Grand Theft Auto LCS UMD). Unzip the files to your desktop or wherever you want and follow the instructions. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS!
After you have copied all the files and whatnot, when you run the downgrader, one of two things will happen. If the screen goes red, it is working. Leave it a few minutes, till it crashes. When you reboot, you will have a 1.50 and will need to set everything back up. (time, date and such). If the PSP just hangs, hold the power switch up, till it switches off, to do a full reset. Re-run the downgrader. Repeat if necessary, as the downgrader will only run 1 out of about 10 times.
When you have succesfully created a 1.50, you'll need to download DevHook. This comes as an installer for the latest version, so it's very straightforward.
You will need 1 game UMD to run an ISO, though. When you have your ISO files, put them in the ISO folder DevHook has created. Run DevHook and select the ISO you have downloaded. If there is only 1 ISO on the memory stick, it will automatically select it. Set the other settings up as necessay. Once set, you dont have to set them up again, as one setting seems to work with all.
After the selected ISO is run, the PSP will reset. I always eject the UMD when reseting, as it can crash sometimes. When the PSP has reset, you can go into System Settings and see that DevHook has tricked the PSP into thinking it's a 2.71 or whatever you selected in DevHook.
To run the game, insert the UMD and select it. Instead of the game on the UMD, the selected ISO will be displayed. Run the game and have fun.:wink:

Thank you...i found this post very useful. Although I have a 1.50 psp already. My son's psp is 2.60 I i don't have a copy of GTA so I was stuffed...until now.

wrx youngster
17-10-2006, 04:20 PM
I had the same problem with it not being able to play all games and once i had donw some reading up on it, as said above it was that i needed a newer version of devhook so that it emulated firmware 2.71 which is what all the newest games need. Now back to free gaming, can't beet it......could just do with more memory cards now.