PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ HD Series Link option missing

MetalKettle
11-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello All
After having my Amstrad Sky+ HD box for about 2 months i noticed that the Series Link option is now missing when I press the (R) button on the remote. I do not get the "Record One / Record Series" pop up, it just puts an (R) next to that particular episode.
I have tried a planner rebuilld and this does not seem to have rectified the problem.
Any ideas Guys/Gals?

billy8791
11-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Hello All
After having my Amstrad Sky+ HD box for about 2 months i noticed that the Series Link option is now missing when I press the (R) button on the remote. I do not get the "Record One / Record Series" pop up, it just puts an (R) next to that particular episode.
I have tried a planner rebuilld and this does not seem to have rectified the problem.
Any ideas Guys/Gals?
i have had sky hd for the past few month aswell and also experianced the same fault aswell as a few other little bugs.
after speaking with sky tech support they told me it is due to there new push vod that is going to be launched and boxes are starting to be given a new firmware of somesort.
dunno if this is true or just sky fobbing me off.
hope it helps mate

Diablo13
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
The series link is a vital part of my tv viewing experience.
I record everything, to watch when I want without having to waste my life watching adverts. If this no longer works I would have to spend ages each day physically scanning the schedules to record my favourit programs. No doubt the number of individual recordings is limited as well? :sad:
I feel a case of demanding a price reduction coming on! Why should I lose out while they upgrade firmware that brings no advantages to me? :mad:

If ever you find something you really like, or can afford, you can bet your life they will either stop making it, or they will up the price till you cant afford it or they will turn a good product into a steaming pile of :horse****:!
I am not resistant to change, just changes that go backwards instead of forwards. If something's not broke why do some maggot ridden dough heads have to justify their existence by fixing it NOT to work? :gun:

billy8791
12-06-2010, 07:30 AM
wow D a good rant and no jokes - this must have really upset you

Diablo13
12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
wow D a good rant and no jokes - this must have really upset you

I must have had an OFF day! :D
Abnormal service will be regurgitated as soon as possible! :puke: :lol3:

billy8791
12-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I must have had an OFF day! :D
Abnormal service will be regurgitated as soon as possible! :puke: :lol3:

thanks your not the same without quick humour
cheers mate

billy8791
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
just found this on another site

Sky Releases Video On Demand Service

02 June, 2010, by Desire Athow
Satcaster and Triple Player BSkyB has told technology website, Pocket-lint, that it will be launching a video on demand service in the last few months of 2010,. called Sky Anytime Plus.

The service will be available to Sky HD customers and will allow them to get access to more than 500 movies and "over 1000" hours of extra TV programmes. The catch though is that they will need to be Sky broadband subscribers as well.

The content will be deliverable via an over the air firmware update later in 2010. Sky's head of TV services, Kathryn Downward, said: "We hope to offer support for other internet service providers in the future, but at launch the service will only be available to Sky Broadband customers. "All movie houses are expected to be on board and we are talking to the [UK] terrestrial channels as well."

Virgin Media is currently the biggest VOD player in the market with its Virgin on demand service which offers more than 500 films. Weirdly enough though (possibly because of bandwidth constraints), the content will be in standard definition rather than HD.

Read more: Sky Releases Video On Demand Service - ITProPortal.com (http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/6/2/sky-releases-video-demand-service/#ixzz0qdGO3BpH)

Diablo13
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the Sky update billy.
I suppose it's alright for the film buffs, but your bills can soon mount up before you realise it with this type of add on service!
If they are "hoping" to bring this service in by the end of the year, I see no reason why it should be affecting the use of people's boxes now though! :dunno:

After my earlier rant I finally got a chance to check if I still had the series link on my Amstrad box. It is working fine as normal, complete with recordings serial link.
I wonder if it is a local area upgrade that has caused problems then, or if it is something they are gradually rolling out over the country?
Maybe it would be helpful if billy and MetalKettle said which part of the country you are in, as I wonder if its just a fault in an area you share? :-?

billy8791
13-06-2010, 09:33 AM
well i'm in bradford and my series link has been playing up for the last few week

Diablo13
13-06-2010, 04:56 PM
So it could be a local issue then billy. Either that or you two have been unlucky and your boxes are faulty? You joined Sky about the same time as me, I wonder if we got the same model box? Mine is the Amstrad 500gb one, I suppose they are the same, but you could have got old stock.
I would keep on at Sky about it through their email customer services link, because if mine is ok and no one else has reported any problems here you might be just unlucky.
Try to get them yo replace your box with the 1 terrabyte version because of the weeks of hassle?
Got to be worth a try? :goodluck: