PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4: Apple unveils new handset with video calling

Gazer
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Apple yesterday unveiled a snappy new version of its iPhone.
Called the iPhone 4, the new look handset has a much-improved 5-megapixel camera with a built-in flash that can also shoot and edit high-definition video.
It also has an added front facing camera, allowing video calling to other iPhone’s over wi-fi with a feature called Face Time.
Flatter and a quarter thinner than previous versions, it shares the same brushed metal look as the recently released iPad.
The handset also includes built-in noise cancellation to block out background sounds when making calls, and a gyroscope for motion sensing-controls in games and applications.
Other improvements include a much sharper new screen that has four times the resolution of its predecessor, a boost to battery life and a version Apple’s iBook reader.
Speaking yesterday at the device’s launch in San Francisco, Apple chief Steve Jobs described the overhaul as the "biggest leap" it had taken since the unveiling of the original iPhone.
"This is one of the most beautiful designs you've ever seen,' said Jobs. 'This is beyond a doubt one of the most precise and beautiful things we've ever made".
The handset is Apple’s latest attempt to stay on top of the increasingly competitive smartphone market, with rivals Sony Ericsson and HTC among a number of manufacturers that have recently released similarly high spec phones that run on Google’s Android operating system.
The launch comes amid criticism of conditions at the Chinese factories that Apple uses to produce the iPhone.
Foxconn yesterday announced it had raised wages for the second time in less than a week for following a string of suicides among workers.
The new iPhone goes on sale from 24 June, with Apple taking pre-orders from 15 June. Orange, O2 and Vodaphone have all confirmed they wil be offering the device on their networks.

We will keep you all upto date with what else this phone can do!!

Regards Gazer

thelostone
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Looks nice gaz, thinner than the last one!!! wonder how they managed that?my daughter has one and i think apple have done well to make it as thin as it is.Have you ordered yours yet?:roflmao:

berley
08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Is there a price for it yet ?

I want one, dunno why tho as I never use the video or camera on my 3gs but I like the sound of it being thinner and the boost to battery life :)

Gazer
08-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks nice gaz, thinner than the last one!!! Have you ordered yours yet?:roflmao:

Hmmm what do you think m8 :lol3:
pre-orders are from 15 June .... but no price on them as yet.