PDA

View Full Version : Widen shoutbox

Spinifex
03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Could admin consider widening the shoutbox to around 285
as 2 or 3 shouts with smileys and its game over!
then you have to start scrolling to see berleys posts lol.

ive found 285 pixels to be more than adequate and makes it look more attractive for people to use. may also stop the shoutbox being used as a search box as its so small that probably explains why noobs do it!?

cheers,
Spinifex.

mercuryR
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Perhaps give it its own section to make it viewable in larger format or make an option for the shoutbox to pop out into a separate window/tab.

My bad just realised that there is a feature to make it larger.........why oh why do I suggest these things lol

Spinifex
03-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Perhaps give it its own section to make it viewable in larger format or make an option for the shoutbox to pop out into a separate window/tab.

My bad just realised that there is a feature to make it larger.........why oh why do I suggest these things lol

lol that is correct but its not something i wish to keep doing everytime i refresh the homepage, it wouldnt be in my daily list to popout everytime, its more effective to have it good in the 1st place is it not?

Spin.

Reddevil
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Could admin consider widening the shoutbox to around 285
as 2 or 3 shouts with smileys and its game over!
then you have to start scrolling to see berleys posts lol.

The width is ok you mean the height of the shoutbox :p

I dont think its possible on the version used here.

You will have to see what Gazer or Fergal say as they will have to make any changes. myself i think its ok.

Spinifex
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
The width is ok you mean the height of the shoutbox :p

I dont think its possible on the version used here.

You will have to see what Gazer or Fergal say as they will have to make any changes. myself i think its ok.

yeah smartarse i keep calling it width, width is determined by your browser which checks your screen resolution settings.

however yes height, it definetly needs heightening!!! come on fella have you ever seen one higher than a pea before :p

from years of past experiences i know inferno shout is really good and members always requested it to be wider sorry higher!

im one of your members requesting it and i cant do any wrong in saying it.

Spin.

DessertDog
03-06-2010, 11:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmm The hight is ok u mean the width ?:driver:

wullboy
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Guy`s.... think about it.... if you heighten it any more..... berley will only have more to say on it :rofl: :wink3:

Spinifex
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Guy`s.... think about it.... if you heighten it any more..... berley will only have more to say on it :rofl: :wink3:

youve got room to talk lol

wullboy
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
youve got room to talk lol

spinifex m8ty.... i hope your not comparing me with NAO :roflmao:

berley
04-06-2010, 03:46 PM
errrm wullboy you can talk for bleedin Scotland your worse than me and nao put together :roflmao:

Shoutbox is fine as it is spini, It's never really that busy its just you yap too much when your on it :p

Diablo13
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I think it would be useful to be able to drag the bottom edge down as much as you wanted?
When there are a few of you on there, even 3 or 4 you do have to scroll to follow a conversation. Two people can reply before you have answered someone, especially if your a slow typist like me. Then I have forgotten what I was talking about. :38:
That way it could stay the size it is, but you could expand it to see more replies when you were actually using it?

Diablo13
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
**BUMP**
Is there any chance of this actually happening?
We are asked for suggestions to improve the site, but nothing ever seems to happen!
A "MORE" button, just like the more button at the bottom of the smileys box, if put at the bottom of the shoutbox, would expand it so that people taking part have a better overview of the conversations taking place during the day, so that they could come back later and add to the discussion.
I think this would be quite useful?
Would it be so hard to implement? :please:

tinkertiler
05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
errrm wullboy you can talk for bleedin Scotland your worse than me and nao put together :roflmao:

Shoutbox is fine as it is spini, It's never really that busy its just you yap too much when your on it :p

Berley had already said what needed to be said on the subject diablo i dont think it will be going any further im afrai. There are only a hadful of members who use the shout box and its never realy that busy so i cant see the point in it being any bigger.

Diablo13
05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
There are only a hadful of members who use the shout box and its never realy that busy so i cant see the point in it being any bigger.

The point is not to make the shoutbox bigger, but to give members the option of making it bigger when they are taking part, or want to view the conversations that have taken place before they logged on!

tinkertiler
05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I think you are missing berley and my point there is no point in making work for admin when they are very busy with other things at the moment. Im afraid this is not going to happen im sorry to say berley hit the nail on the head when she said that it isnt busy enough for it to be altered. The main people that use ths SB are the mods and none of them are saying it is a problem. Maybe in the futre when more time is available then something may happen.

Thread Closed

Reddevil
06-09-2010, 11:23 AM
The only reason someone wanted it enlarged was to make his pictures visible ;).

If you need to see more messages then thats what the archive is for, seems fine as it is like stated above.