PDA

View Full Version : Skype 2.0 for iPhone - Free 3G Calls Until 2011

thelostone
02-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Skype's latest iPhone client, Skype 2.0, would be, at long last, bringing support for calling over 3G networks to the iPhone. It's a feature many had been looking forward to, especially since those calls would be free to make (network data charges still applied of course). Calls made over 3G networks would only be free until August of this year though, after which point Skype said they would implement a small monthly fee for using that feature. Well today skype said that the August deadline has been scrapped and calls made over 3G networks will remain free until the end of this year, a full four months of extra freedom as it where. Skype are still planning to introduce that small monthly fee though, just not until 2011 so make the most of this whilst you can.

Gazer
02-06-2010, 04:37 PM
All i can find is skype software s.a.r.l which is free or skype 2.1 which is .59p ........which one is it ? or i'm i looking at the wrong one ta

berley
02-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I've got skype s.a.r.l (version 2.0.0) on mine which works a treat but I've never tried over the 3G network.

thelostone
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
ok been doing some digging
What's New in Version 2.0.0

Upgrades / improvements include:
- Call using your 3G connection. Skype-to-Skype calls on 3G are free until the end of 2010, after which there will be a small monthly fee (operator charges for data will still apply).
- Near CD-quality sound for Skype-to-Skype calls using wideband audio (SILK codec) on iPhone 3GS, iPad and 2nd & 3rd generation iPod touch.
- Enhanced call quality indicator.
- Improved start-up time.
- Fast access to the dial pad from iPhone home screen.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/skype/id304878510?mt=8#
I hope this helps guys

berley
02-06-2010, 11:01 PM
- Fast access to the dial pad from iPhone home screen.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/skype/id304878510?mt=8#
I hope this helps guys

Does anyone know how to get the Fast access to the dial pad from iPhone home screen ? I've looked at mine and cant see how you do it.

maxnod
13-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Really? I will install a 2.0 at my iphone right now! lol