PDA

View Full Version : VU+ with vgn feed plugged into it...

sn196
28-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi guys i know that this may sound like a silly question. I know that the duo is twin tuner which i assume means you can have 2 feeds going into the receiver.

Well i will have a motorised dish plugged in, was just wondering what would happen if i plugged my VGN cable into the other port? Would it work? Would it open all the FTA channels? Will the motorised dish open the same channels?

And finally is it worth getting the duo if i cant use the second tuner??

Diablo13
29-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Youv'e got the wrong end of the stick sn196.
Twin Tuners does not mean twin inputs!
What it means is that two tuners built into the box can receive two programs at once, like two separate radio's. so that you can record one channel and watch another one at the same time, or record two different channels at once.
It is a feature of modern pvr's because really whats the point in recording the program your watching, in most cases.
So you would have 1 cable in to receive your channels. On Hi Definition receivers, like a Sky+ box or a VU+duo you have two cables going into it , from the same source, so that you can watch and record 2 Hi Def channels.
I hope that has cleared it up for you m8?

Sicilian
29-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi guys i know that this may sound like a silly question. I know that the duo is twin tuner which i assume means you can have 2 feeds going into the receiver.
Well i will have a motorised dish plugged in, was just wondering what would happen if i plugged my VGN cable into the other port? Would it work? Would it open all the FTA channels? Will the motorised dish open the same channels?
And finally is it worth getting the duo if i cant use the second tuner??

In short no. The Duo has satellite tuners built in, not cable. You of course do what Diablo has stated and have a second feed from a satellite dish, be it fixed or motorised.

sn196
01-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Cheers for the reply guys> Made it much clearer.

Another question. If i buy the VU+ Duo what LNB would i require to make use of the twin tuner? This will be on a motorised setup.

Would a Technomate TM-4 Universal Quad 0.1dB High Gain LNB do the job?

Also what SILENT motor would you recommend for a 1m dish?

Reddevil
01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Cheers for the reply guys> Made it much clearer.

Another question. If i buy the VU+ Duo what LNB would i require to make use of the twin tuner? This will be on a motorised setup.

Would a Technomate TM-4 Universal Quad 0.1dB High Gain LNB do the job?

Also what SILENT motor would you recommend for a 1m dish?

You would only need a dual LNB if your only connecting your VU+ box, quad if your connecting another box as well maybe another room

Sicilian
01-06-2010, 05:29 AM
You would only need a dual LNB if your only connecting your VU+ box, quad if your connecting another box as well maybe another room

Thats wrong. If you want to use the Dual tuners you WILL need a quad or dual output LNB.

No motor is totally silent. This motor is very good though
http://www.********.co.uk/p286/Technomate-TM-2600-Super-DiSEqC-Motor-%28full-metal-gears%29/product_info.html

Sicilian
01-06-2010, 07:02 AM
@ Reddevil, my bad, just read the first line or your post again.

notanotherone
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
@ Reddevil, my bad, just read the first line or your post again.
:roflmao:thot you must have forgot your glasses tut tut :roflmao:

Sicilian
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
:roflmao:thot you must have forgot your glasses tut tut :roflmao:
:stop: :HiFlip: Its was early in the morning :roflmao: