PDA

View Full Version : How can I stream tv from vu+ to WD TV live

kenhib
26-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I have just bought a WD TV Live. I can view.movies from my pc and VU+ hard disc over the homeplug lan but am unable to watch the TV programmes.
Can any one help?

notanotherone
26-05-2010, 07:21 PM
sorry im at at a loss here im not sure what your trying to do?and if its possible ?

ttt1892
26-05-2010, 07:35 PM
From what I can make out of the WD live box,it will only show recorded files on your hard drive,usb or vu hard drive.It doesn`t look like it streams "live" transmission.I may be wrong but you say you can view movies from your pc and vu drives.I`ve had a quick look at a review of the WD TV live and it mentions watching all your media on those devices,but no mention of watching "live" tv.

ttt.

kenhib
28-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your replies and the research you did and which I should have done! I'm afraid I just read the name 'WD TV Live' and took it for granted!
Does that mean that there is no way to stream live TV from the VU+?

ttt1892
28-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Yes you can,to your TV!Not sure about to TV though.I use Dreambox VLC Streamer.Although for whatever reason it has decided not to work for me since yesterday.I will have to check what`s wrong with it.Anyway it`s very simple to set up and use.Works a treat and it will also show channels that are encrypted in 4:2:2.That`s why I use it for football that is in 4:2:2.

ttt.