PDA

View Full Version : help after unlock

broony2005
23-05-2010, 03:48 AM
i just got a second hand iphone 3gs that was locked to vodafone ver 3.13, anyway after some searching i managed to unlock it (i think).
probem is now i have no signal and message saying waiting for activation so cant make any calls. does anyone know a fix for this as ive tried all the resets.

(is it possible the phone is barred or broken ??)

wullboy
23-05-2010, 08:56 AM
i just got a second hand iphone 3gs that was locked to vodafone ver 3.13, anyway after some searching i managed to unlock it (i think).
probem is now i have no signal and message saying waiting for activation so cant make any calls. does anyone know a fix for this as ive tried all the resets.
(is it possible the phone is barred or broken ??)

download itunes then plug your iphone in to you computer and see if it try`s to activate ?? and if it does, then set it up as a new phone,

broony2005
23-05-2010, 09:51 AM
ok so i finally restored it to factory setting, and set it up as a new phone
when i connect it to itunes a message appears on the phone "waiting for activation , this may take some time"
what do i do now ??? do i just leave it connected ??

thanks

wullboy
23-05-2010, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=broony2005;191021]ok so i finally restored it to factory setting, and set it up as a new phone
when i connect it to itunes a message appears on the phone "waiting for activation , this may take some time"
thanks[/QUOTE

YES M8 !!

broony2005
23-05-2010, 10:25 AM
how long does this take

thanks again

Gazer
24-05-2010, 09:38 AM
ok so i finally restored it to factory setting, and set it up as a new phone

thanks

You will need a iphone vodafone sim installed for the activation to work, if its not been unlocked or blocked.

broony2005
24-05-2010, 02:38 PM
thanks i got a new vodaphone sim and al ok,

however when i unlock the phone for any network i lose all signal , can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this