PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a dreambox but which 1.

dmccric
10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi all, I am thinking of getting a dreambox (satelite version obviously) coz my dbox2 has gone for good and is now an expensive paperwait. I was wondering if it is worth doing so at the moment, they are expensive and I dont want to buy one if there are gonna go off at any moment.

Also which is the best to get, which am I getting value for money from.

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi all, I am thinking of getting a dreambox (satelite version obviously) coz my dbox2 has gone for good and is now an expensive paperwait. I was wondering if it is worth doing so at the moment, they are expensive and I dont want to buy one if there are gonna go off at any moment.
Also which is the best to get, which am I getting value for money from.

get the 800 great for streaming divx from your pc, the HD is great, you have a youtube add on, and the options on the images are far better than the 500's, never tried the 600 or 700

berley
17-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking of getting a clone 800 I'll let you know what I think of it if or when i get it.

I did consider the VU solo ( i have no need for a twin tuner) but after seeing the size of the VU+duo it put me off, as its big and ugly and not nearly as neat and sexy as my DM600 :roflmao:

So in my case when it comes to sat boxes smaller really is nicer ;)

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking of getting a clone 800 I'll let you know what I think of it if or when i get it.

I did consider the VU solo ( i have no need for a twin tuner) but after seeing the size of the VU+duo it put me off, as its big and ugly and not nearly as neat and sexy as my DM600 :roflmao:

my 800 is a clone, only problem is a noisy fan but there is ways round it

berley
17-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Have you tried any of the ways around it and what are they ?

Do you have any probs etc with the HD chanels as I have read somewhere that some peeps were having probs with them either glitching or stuttering ?

What image are you using on it and have you tried a few ?

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Have you tried any of the ways around it and what are they ?

Do you have any probs etc with the HD chanels as I have read somewhere that some peeps were having probs with them either glitching or stuttering ?

What image are you using on it and have you tried a few ?

had some glitching at first, im told its do do with a weak tuner in the clones, an inline amp from fleebay cost ?3 fixes this, you can by a usb notebook cooler to sit underneath the box so you can disconnect the noisey fan, i have not disconnect my fan but a few freinds have without any problems but its up to you, i have installed a hard drive and i run my subbed card in the internal reader, everything has been fine to date, btw the dm8000 clones have had decent reviews, too pricey for me though, im using the nablio soft image

fergalsworld
17-06-2010, 10:58 PM

If you are going to get a dm800HD make sure it has the rev L3 tuner and the ferrari sim in it you should be able to get one for around ?165 delivered.

berley
17-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Do you have a link for anywhere reputable ?

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 11:04 PM
If you are going to get a dm800HD make sure it has the rev L3 tuner and the ferrari sim in it you should be able to get one for around ?165 delivered.
cheapest i've seen is ?210+ delivery

berley
17-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I've seen and been recommended a site from china for around the ?170 mark, but I'm not sure if it has the L3 tuner and the ferrari sim.

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 11:09 PM
i remember reading some where theres a way of telling the sim version from a label on the box,
i know mine is not this version and i got it cheapish

fergalsworld
17-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I've seen and been recommended a site from china for around the ?170 mark, but I'm not sure if it has the L3 tuner and the ferrari sim.
You can get one from the uk for ?166.25
you have pm

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 11:18 PM

i'll ask around, i bought 3 or 4 dms from a guy but i dont know how honest he is, his prices change something terrible

Danny-D
17-06-2010, 11:19 PM
You can get one from the uk for ?166.25
you have pm
can i have one too :-)

fergalsworld
17-06-2010, 11:29 PM
can i have one too :-)
You have pm.

notanotherone
18-06-2010, 07:16 AM
can i have one too:snow1:

mickyrobbo
19-06-2010, 09:18 PM
only problem is a noisy fan but there is ways round it
Yes m8 thats right take the Vuvuzela out of it :roflmao:

Magnu420
19-06-2010, 11:15 PM

il take your sat tuner of you when you get your
new box