PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on "Loading enigma2"

UDA
24-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi all
Only got my box yesterday, connected it up this morning, went through the setup wizard and set tuner A to simple, and B equal to A, but I get a message "service unavailable, Check tuner config". and in the middle of screen is the VU+ logo, and "loading enigma2" at the bottom right hand side of the screen!!
Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?
TIA
UDA

catseye
24-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Try sending some e2 settings to the box

Then reboot box & select a FTA channel from the satellite your dish is currently pointed at

Ie BBC1 from 28.2 East

UDA
24-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Catseye,

I've not had much to do with E2, so could you please give me a clue what to send the settings to the box with, and where?

Tried DCC E2, but in the protocol section it says "Telnet Connected, FTP Connected, Enigma2 not detected (Functionality limited)"

Bit of a noob to E2!!

Cheers

UDA

ttt1892
24-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Try to configure one tuner for now.I`ve had similar problems with my box on this score.Now and again tuner B will show "service unavailable".I have to reconfigure it once I`ve got tuner A to clear a channel.Or sometimes the other way round.I have motorised dish connected to tuner A and Sly dish connected to tuner B.

ttt.

catseye
24-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Thats normal m8 take no notice

Dcc program best is used for linux commands such as amending emus etc

Use Dreambox edit program (if its not downloadable from this site do a google search )
& set up same way as DCC with password & box ip settings

Download & unzip my latest e2 settings file & open up using dreambox edit program (so the settings are on your pc screen)

Then transfer (FTP) to your box

You might get message on tv screen of uploading dreambox files -if box does not reboot -then reboot GUI

Then scroll down to find a FTA channel & select

Ps i will release updated e2 settings file later on today

Gazer
24-04-2010, 03:03 PM
@ UDA

The 2 files you need are here m8, plus they are in our downloads as well

Dreambox control center E2 and Dreambox edit ;)

And to pickup on doing the scan, as i'v only got astra at the moment i connected both tuners up to my lnb then set tuner A and tuner B to Configuration Mode : simple / Mode : toneburst A/B / Port A: 40=28.2E ASTRA2 / Port B : 40=28.2 ASTRA2

then after doing a Automatic scan you should end up with over a 1000 channels showing up
hope this helps you a bit for now

Regards Gazer

UDA
24-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks lads for your help,

Just scanning now. Had to watch the football first, and i'm in the middle of doing the facia boards and sofits on the house!! No peace for the wicked :-)

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Cheers

UDA

UDA
24-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Whoopeeee,

Got pictures now :grin: Thanks again lads.

I'm still getting "FTP Connected, Enigma2 not detected (Functionality limited)" in DCC!
Wanted to have a look at the file structure to get familiar with the layout of the folders!

Setting are
Name: root
Passw: blank

Is this normal, or am I making a school boy error?

TIA

UDA

P.S. Thanks Gazer for the links, i had the files already, but was not completely sure what to do with them! E2 Virgin.

catseye
24-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Whoopeeee,
Got pictures now :grin: Thanks again lads.
I'm still getting "FTP Connected, Enigma2 not detected (Functionality limited)" in DCC!
Wanted to have a look at the file structure to get familiar with the layout of the folders!
Setting are
Name: root
Passw: blank
Is this normal, or am I making a school boy error?
TIA
UDA
P.S. Thanks Gazer for the links, i had the files already, but was not completely sure what to do with them! E2 Virgin.

Yes m8 that message is normal you should still be able use that program without problems

basilyoung
24-04-2010, 10:31 PM
you could telnet the unit...and change the password

ie, login is root password is " " blank

telnet command is passwd (not password) then type in a easy to remember password, and the when requested..repeat the pass word, dcc will then be fully functional

note; when typeing passwd, what you type as your password wont show on screen

sorry if you happen to know the above (telnet) but thought I would post this, in case you did,nt know

baz

UDA
25-04-2010, 12:57 AM
sorry if you happen to know the above (telnet) but thought I would post this, in case you did,nt know
baz

Nice one Baz,

I did know the telnet command to change the password, but thanks anyway. It's nice to get the right help :grin:

And thanks to everyone who has help an E2 virgin.

Cheers

UDA

astra17dti
25-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I 2 have now got 1 of these boxes and with looking at some of the posts done on here it as helped me out to get it up and working.
got all the free ones working but not sky
must be somethink i'm doing wrong
i will have another read and let you know how i get on

grtmoby
25-04-2010, 10:33 AM
may be you need to edit ur cccam.cfg so that it reads the card correctly

UDA
25-04-2010, 10:52 AM
got all the free ones working but not sky
must be somethink i'm doing wrong
i will have another read and let you know how i get on

Hi Astra,

Do you have a Sky card? If so, and you have the FTA working, all you need to do is convert the serial number of your box to hex, and put it in Cccam.cfg, then you will get the premium channels too :thumbup: As long as you subscribe to them!

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers

UDA