PDA

View Full Version : Turn-Off-Taskbar-Thumbnail-Live-Previews-in-Windows-7

BraveHeart
23-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Ive been looking for a fix that actually works to turn off the live taskbar preview windows in windows 7 for ages man, I think I may have found it here.

(see the attached screenshot for instructions, or just simply use the regedit files i have included in the zip file if you need it even easier, lol).

hope it helps others who also hate this feature :)

p.s
this thread should also be linked to my previous thread about this issue which is here >>> http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f273/another-windows-7-question-taskbar-32771.html

Diablo13
23-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Personally I think it's a useful feature, but like anything else it's always handy to know how to switch it off!
Thanks for the useful info m8. :thumbup2:
I see why your willing to give Win 7 another try now.

BraveHeart
23-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Personally I think it's a useful feature, but like anything else it's always handy to know how to switch it off!
Thanks for the useful info m8. :thumbup2:
I see why your willing to give Win 7 another try now.

yes mate, that was one HUGE major thing i hated about windows 7 from the start, some like it, some loathe it.

BraveHeart
24-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Ive been looking for a fix that actually works to turn off the live taskbar preview windows in windows 7 for ages man, I think I may have found it here.
(see the attached screenshot for instructions, or just simply use the regedit files i have included in the zip file if you need it even easier, lol).
hope it helps others who also hate this feature :)
p.s
this thread should also be linked to my previous thread about this issue which is here >>> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. argggggggggggggggggg :hc::hc::hc:

I do not belive this, this supposid fix DOES NOT WORK !!!!

i cant believe i have went to all this hassle of installing windows 7 yet again and this stupid nagging thing is still there !!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Hmmmmmm, there has to be a way of turning this off man, gotta be, I just cant ferkcin cant find it though :(

appreciate if someone else can try this fix as it may be just for 7 32bit or something like that, hard for me to tell.

BraveHeart
24-04-2010, 03:45 AM
ok, first of all you need to turn off Aero theme or you wont get anywhere with this,

got a step further with this, managed to get it to stop showing the pop up preview windows in thier slightly larger size (see attached screenshot), but now its still showing a stupid little preview thing as you can see, as if we need it, we can see exactly what the button says so there no need for any popup preview in this case.

so i am stuck for now at this crap :(

BraveHeart
24-04-2010, 04:23 AM
i have had to switch Aero back on as windows 7 basic theme doesnt give any options to change the taskbar colour to any other colour than horrible grey/blue, so now i have to choose Aero to be able to select the colours i want, and of course this now means i have the stupid taskbar preview button pop up windows back again.
what a nightmare of an operating system just for this one problem, apart from that its ok, nothing special like i have said 100 times before, but this one issue is a ball buster to me.
usually the techheads that are into fixing things like this across the world have small things like this fixed pretty quick or at least develop an option for you to fix it yourself, i am amazed how long windows 7 has been around since its beta trial days and not one person has picked up on this from the people that are meant to, terrible !!

(offending issue circled in red on the screenshot attached)

Sicilian
24-04-2010, 04:58 AM
Maybe other peeps like it and it dont need fixing :p

BraveHeart
24-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Maybe other peeps like it and it dont need fixing :p

some people do mate, and some dont, ive already had several opinions of it, but the key thing with something like that is it should have an on and off switch or at least a fix that people can apply to turn it off.

I understand what you mean though mate, but i hate it, anyways, maybe someday when windows 20 is out someone will fix it, lol.

BraveHeart
24-04-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm going to uninstall this windows 7 again, just realised that my system tempreature is now 20degress hotter then it was with vista (yes 20), to hell with this stupid windows 7 man !!! (now that could be another windows 7 glitch with the sensor software, but i aint taking no chances)

well at least for another 6 months till they get all these problems sorted out, waste of time.

Diablo13
24-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I will never understand why such a small thing as the task bar popup bothers you so much. You seem to be the only one because as you say no one is trying to fix it.
Iam running Win 7 x64 on almost the same rig as you, overclocked cpu to 3.8 gig and all and my temps are always stable, 35c at the moment and up to a max of 60 c if I thrash it doing encoding, large file internal transferring, torrents and god knows what else, so I don't know why you have a problem.:dunno:
You might as well forget Win 7 now as I knew you would uninstall it again quickly. Stick with the OS you like m8.
Though on the plus side it does give you something to post about. :lol:

wullboy
24-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm going to uninstall this windows 7 again, just realised that my system tempreature is now 20degress hotter then it was with vista (yes 20), to hell with this stupid windows 7 man !!! (now that could be another windows 7 glitch with the sensor software, but i aint taking no chances)
well at least for another 6 months till they get all these problems sorted out, waste of time.

Thomson m8...relax & try this, YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo)

BraveHeart
25-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Thomson m8...relax & try this, YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. LOL.

its cool mate, i have took my chill pill (installed vista again,lol).

its pretty obvious to me now that windows 7 does not always like every single piece of hardware its installed on and with, just the same as vista was in the early days, and unfortunately i obviously have a bit of hardware that windows 7 does not like until microsoft sort it out, there is no other option or reason for this on my system, thats all it can be is a conflicting issue with 7 and certain bits of hardware that are unknown to me, blazing fast with xp and vista but not 7, strange, but not impossible.

7 works brilliant apart from the issues i have pointed out, nearly double the time to boot up, everest reports tempreatures of 20 degrees higher than that with vista (current version of everest and the last one), and also that daft taskbar preview window pop up thing, some people see that as a good thing, i see it being an issue as its not possible to turn it off, we should all have the choice.

apart from those things windows 7 works perfect on this machine, LOL, and for those same reasons I have to stick with vista x64 for now, not my ideal choice but I cant do anything about it, and I'm tired trying.