PDA

View Full Version : [Freeboot] XBR -> Freeboot without your 5xxx/6xxx/7xxx Full dump!

tinkertiler
19-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok so after lots and lots of users asking about installing freeboot without a full dump (for those who bought a x360 with XBR already installed or simple lost the backup) and no answers i tried and got success.

This is what i did (and you should do but remember you need the files from the SAME MOTHERBOARD as your x360!)

I have a Jasper 16mb with XBR installed:

- First i booted into xell/xellous (with eject) and copied my CPU KEY

- Executed flash360 with a pendrive connected and made a full backup of my XBR3 nand

- Using 360 Flash tool already configured with my own CPU KEY and 1BL key (google for 1BL key) open the image.

- Extract SMC and Keyvault (just click on the extract button and select those)

- You will get 4 files. Rename KV_dec.bin to KV.bin and SMC_dec.bin to SMC.bin.

- Copy those files to the freeboot folder "DATA"

- Following freeboot's readme copy all files from 9199.zip to "DATA" folder aswell

- Now you will need the files below from a donor nand. Thanks to Skevus for his files (extracted from his jasper 16mb 7xxx backup).

- crl.bin
- crl.bin.meta
- extended.bin
- extended.bin.meta
- odd.bin
- odd.bin.meta
- secdata.bin
- secdata.bin.meta
- smc_config.bin

- After that run the following command on cmd:

ibuild.exe c freeBOOT -c [console] -d data\ -p [cpu key] -b [1BL key] bin\image.bin bin\fuses.bin

- A image.bin file will be created on "BIN" folder. Rename it to updflash.bin and copy to the root of your usb drive.

- Using flash360 flash the file to your x360 (i received a "not zeropaired image" error but ignored and all went fine)

- Thats it!

Please try and post back it it worked ok. I tested with 0.032 release of freeboot. If anything goes wrong you can always flash your XBR backup using LPT/USB