PDA

View Full Version : usefull software, that can be used on the VU+

basilyoung
16-04-2010, 09:58 PM
There are various softwares (tools) that can be used to access the unit

possibly the most important tool, is dreambox edit

with this software, you can edit, or transferr sat channel listings, from your comp, or if you happen to own an enima 2 dream box, (7020/800) you can transferr your listings to your comp, then re transferr them to your VU+

another simple to use software is Flash Wizard Pro ( it cant be used for its intended purpose )
but can be used to change the password on the unit from its default login/password which is "root" and " " (blank) advanced users can of course use telnet, but beginners might find this method easier

DCC (dreambox control centre) is a simple ftp prog, usefull for tranferring or ch modding editing files on the unit, ie: key files/new cs/cccam.cfg and so on

we could do with a tools section on this forum, but all the mention'd progs are easily available, via a google search

baz

notanotherone
17-04-2010, 09:45 AM
so it has all the features of a dreambox and can be accesed via tools which we are used to eg,flash fxp and the likes im sure all these are in our download section ill check to amke sure ,what mite be a good idea is if we bring these into them into this part of the forum as well ,as hjopefully we will be having a few others in here

ttt1892
17-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a Dreambox 7025 and the VU+ DUO is exactly the same in it`s operation of software and plugins.With the added bonus of having HD capability.

ttt.

notanotherone
17-04-2010, 01:36 PM
with this software, you can edit, or transferr sat channel listings, from your comp, or if you happen to own an enima 2 dream box, (7020/800) you can transferr your listings to your comp, then re transferr them to your VU+
another simple to use software is Flash Wizard Pro ( it cant be used for its intended purpose )
but can be used to change the password on the unit from its default login/password which is "root" and " " (blank) advanced users can of course use telnet, but beginners might find this method easier
DCC (dreambox control centre) is a simple ftp prog, usefull for tranferring or ch modding editing files on the unit, ie: key files/new cs/cccam.cfg and so on
we could do with a tools section on this forum, but all the mention'd progs are easily available, via a google search
baz

if you check the vu+duo download section there are few tools in there ,if you want to add to them or you know of more please feel free to do so

basilyoung
17-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Being new to the forum, I am still finding my way around, and having looked in the "general" download section last night, there are many tools that are current, ( some may need updates) but as yet, I have not really studied whats needed, if any thing at all, and although I am well experianced in some aspects of the linux based units, I am not expert ( but would like to be )

From what I have seen/read on here, I wish I had got in touch with "sat shop" much earlier
I find the forum here to be both very welcoming, and reactive (and some of the deals sat shop offer, you need to twist there arm to except payment)

I hope to assist others to get the best from the VU+, but also, I think I will benifit from the membership here as well

also, there seems to be quite a few new HD units coming through, aside from DM (technomate for example are soon to launch a linux based unit)

so still more learning curves for all of us

baz

berley
18-04-2010, 01:08 AM

Don't be afraid to post and ask if you feel that there should be a dedicated section for tools and utilities, FYI there is one in the cable section, and the software you mentioned above is already there and availaible, but I do agree with you that not everyone might appreciate that this software can and does work both for cable and sat.

also, there seems to be quite a few new HD units coming through, aside from DM (technomate for example are soon to launch a linux based unit)

so still more learning curves for all of us

baz

I personally love my DM but if the price is right then I may be tempted to try another box, but for the timebeing I'm happy with it. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that the VU has given DM a run for their money. It's high time someone took the monopoly away from them.

basilyoung
18-04-2010, 12:30 PM
re DM, I think in the end, they will always be the benchmark, and others will follow, picking up on the good work DB have done

I also notice the forum has a large cable following, and this being the case, DM/VU+ etc will soon be of big interest, along with the other bits and bobs that go with it

baz

notanotherone
18-04-2010, 02:43 PM
tell me something basilyoung does bouquets from a 600 say ,can they be used in a vu+?

basilyoung
18-04-2010, 03:00 PM
it has to be from an enigma 2 image, not certain, but think the 600 is enigma one,....but, I can upload my settings,(channel list) which could then be reloaded to any VU+, via dreambox edit

baz

in fact, I will upload it shortly

sat-shop
18-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Nope, the DM600 is Enigma1 based, the VU+ is Enigma2 based. Though the two appear similar looks and operation wise the two as far as bouquets go are not directly compatible.

Generally any Enigma1 bouquets can be used on Enigma1 receivers (for example DM500,600,7000 and Technomate TM500,TM600) and any Enigma2 bouquets can be used on any Enigma2 based receiver (for example DM500HD,DM800,DM8000,VU+,CubeRevo runnning E2).

You shouldn't do any real harm if you load the wrong type by mistake, and using the right software you could probably convert one type to the other, but usually you'll find 2 releases of the same bouquets, one for E1 and one for E2. E2 normally has the addition of HD channels and it tends to only be E2 receivers that are HD receivers. :)

notanotherone
18-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Nope, the DM600 is Enigma1 based, the VU+ is Enigma2 based. Though the two appear similar looks and operation wise the two as far as bouquets go are not directly compatible.
Generally any Enigma1 bouquets can be used on Enigma1 receivers (for example DM500,600,7000 and Technomate TM500,TM600) and any Enigma2 bouquets can be used on any Enigma2 based receiver (for example DM500HD,DM800,DM8000,VU+,CubeRevo runnning E2).
You shouldn't do any real harm if you load the wrong type by mistake, and using the right software you could probably convert one type to the other, but usually you'll find 2 releases of the same bouquets, one for E1 and one for E2. E2 normally has the addition of HD channels and it tends to only be E2 receivers that are HD receivers. :)

knew it was enigma 1 but i mind we used to have a tool that converted as you said from a enigma 1 to enigma 2 ,i know we used to convert neutrino files to enigma one ,but good info thanks and thanks to basilyoung too that would be handy ,think when i get my box (lol hurry up sat-shop :roflmao:)ill upload mised as well it may be handy to ahve a few of us upping for different areas

basilyoung
18-04-2010, 03:23 PM
my listings are now uploaded to the VU+ downloads area (Likra settings for the VU)

baz

sat-shop
18-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Well if you are talking satellite then you won't need different ones for different areas, as one fits all type thing... You maybe get different ones say for a motorised system, dual LNB on Astra1 and Hotbird and maybe a file that covers Sky UK, so you'd pick the one depending on your setup. This is different to the cable receivers that where specific to your area of the country (the VU+ is satellite only - no option for cable), as we are all pointing at the same satellites throughout Europe.

You'll also find that on most third party images there will be some settings that you can download direct from the menu, just like other plugins, but personally from a UK point of view I'd recommend Catseye settings, works great on the VU+ DUO, and when I finally get his receiver to him I'm sure even better support will continue!

basilyoung
18-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I need to adjust my mindset here a little, I did,nt pickup the fact, that most here, are cable orientated,

The channel listings I have uploaded, will work on a single or multy dish/lnb setup

my set up, is running on two seperate dishes, (36volt motor, V box, 1.2 channel master/quad feed horn, and a 1 mtr diasque motor dish / single lnb)

the above config is one of many options, in the motor setup menu

and anyone from the cable world, or single tuner sat unit world will be in for a sharp learning curve, but once sussed out,...trust me, you will never want cable again, but there are subjects, that I need to research, before adding to my comments

baz