PDA

View Full Version : Geohot announces Custom Firmware 3.21 with OtherOS Support

stee01
11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
It's a few days old now, but I noticed the gaming section needed some love so I decide to keep you all updated.

Here is a video demoing my "custom firmware". It's not any sort of version string change; I would have added something showing off the new features of 3.21, but oh wait, there aren't any.

This can be installed without having to open up your PS3, just by restoring a custom generated PUP file, but only from 3.15 or previous. It's possible this CFW will also work on the slim to actually *enable* OtherOS; I'll know when my infectus gets here.

No release date yet, use the proxy hack to play online with 3.15

Note to the people who removed OtherOS, you are potentially turning 100000+ legit users into "hackers." There was a huge(20x) traffic spike to this blog after the announcement of 3.21. If I had ads on this site I guess I'd be thanking you

video: YouTube - PS3 3.21 with OtherOS (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. source:On the PlayStation 3 (http://geohotps3.blogspot.com/)

saffronfox
13-04-2010, 01:22 AM
read his blog and must agree with just about everything he had to say about sony on the ps3, tho i really do think the ps3 is a great consol but like geohot said "The PlayStation 3 is the only product I know that loses features throughout it's life cycle", and i for one cannot wait for a hakk to come out not too run backup but inorder to play my ps2 games that just gather dust!!