PDA

View Full Version : iphone on 3.1.2 (7D11) and a baseband of 05.11.07 explained

thesparky
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok ive got an iphone on 3.1.2 (7D11) and its locked on "No service" and "awaiting activation"

so after 10 hours of messing about with programs ive come up with this solution to not only jail break it but to unlock it to take any sim

first off we need to restore the phone with a good restore image
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 34d0e084 iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore

and not an update as it will go to 3.1.3 at present

now the trick is to paste this file inside this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

now open the latest version of itunes (yes update that first) connect your phone and click "RESTORE", but the important part here is the press and hold the SHIFT key and then click restore
this then gives a navigator window, select that custom .ipsw file and click on “Open”.

Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone. Your iPhone screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, iPhone will restart automatically and you should now have an iPhone running on firmware 3.1.2.

now just click in itunes on "new phone" rather than a saved point

now your phone is restored to a custom image at 3.1.2 (7D11) with a baseband 05.11.07

now lets jailbreak it:

im going to use "blackra1n RC3" download here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. cdf5c9a7 then copy and paste to
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
(remember to change the folder options to show hidden)
if you dont do this you will get a "ASL.dll" error

run blackra1n and allow it to reboot,

your phone is now jailbroken,

next connect the iphone to a wireless connection and then go to the "blackra1n" icon now on your iphone

allow it to load and click on "sn0w" and then "install", once done click "close"

your phone will now try to search for a connection with a sim card inserted

go back to the blackra1n app to install "cydia"

once installed reboot your phone and it should be fully opened and jailbroken

to reboot press and hold the power and home keys simultaneously ignoring the power slide option and hold until the apple icon appear, release the buttons and allow the phone to boot

if your phone is still locked on 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 Baseband (mine did go straight to 02-UK but i no service on a 3 sim so i did this)
first turn off 3G, under general/ network

then in "cydia", just use "user" settings (allow for all loading of data)

Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom and then touch on “Sources” /
"edit" (update essential if needed)
"add" and type in ultrasn0w.com (http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com)
(the 0 in sn0w is a number)
touch "add source"
once installed "search" in cydia for ultrasn0w and install it

this program is also to unlock the phone to allow other sim cards

reboot the phone

now works on 3 sim but no carrier, ok as you can tell im writting this as i do it :D

go to cydia and search for MakeitMine and install it

now on your apps page will be a new icon called "MIM" click that type in the name your want and touch "Carrier" (why not put in your own name?)
you can even change to banner to what ever you want (top middle section of your phone where the time goes normally, if you dont want it anymore just leave the space blank and press baner again to revert back to the time)

i hope my tutorial manages to help someone,

ps, as i wait for the restore image to upload i put ultrasn0w on my own iphone which is already jailbroken and on 3.0 (7A341) and a baseband of 04.26.08 and the 3 sim work fine in that as well,
so if you phone is already jailbroken just use ultrasn0w

i hope my time and effort does help someone :)