PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 System Update Released - USB Memory Support, Un-Criple HDDs

tinkertiler
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
We've just released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE.
As previously announced, this system update contains support for USB Memory storage devices.

Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you'll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out and asked to accept the update and you'll be back online in a few moments.

Read the FAQ on Xbox.com which may answer some of your questions.
[/QUOTE]

Of course jtagged 360s shouldn't update ... they should wait for a new version of XBReboot/freeBOOT.
360s with modified DVD FWs update at own risk, as always ;)
!Update! This update will also un-criple HDDs of banned consoles (but will NOT unban ur console of course)

Diablo13
07-04-2010, 06:26 AM
So if I put a hard drive on an unmodded console and go to recover my profile, the update should un corrupt game saves under my user name?
Is that right tink?

tinkertiler
07-04-2010, 11:12 AM
DO NOT put that hard drive that you have got for your 360 on any other console that has been updated as it will screw the jtag up and then wont be able to use it anymore!! It will uncripple the hard drive install on banned xboxes so you can install games again BUT NOT un corrupt the game profiles im afraid. If you want your profile back i will see if i can un cripple it if you like and be very careful with new games that are released now as they will kill it if they have the update on them. As soon as the new xbr is released for the 91xx dash then i will put it on for you mate just be a bit cautious at the mo with it.

Diablo13
07-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Cheers tink, I appreciate your help.
I only use the 500gb drive on my box at the moment, but as you know I also have the normal 120gb which has a lot of game saves on it.
It was that one that I was hoping to get sorted because as you know I like rpg's and have a few I am well over half way through. I just don't have the heart or patience to start them again from scratch on the new drive.
I was just hoping the 120gb drive on your clean box might be a possibility. When you have time its got to be worth a try, whichever way you think has the best chance of success?

tinkertiler
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Drop the drive off to me when you can and i will see what i can do with it mate should be able to sort it for you. Will do a bit of reading up on it lol and get it going for you could tranfer the game saves ect over to the 500 if you wanted me too without too much hassle i wouldnt have thought