PDA

View Full Version : new box !!

wullboy
30-03-2010, 09:48 PM
OK, Ive jumped ship and I'm know a proud owner of a technomate 600, so guys, how about a shove in the right direction so as i can start to get this box up and running, Now I'm suppose to get the dish fitted sometime this week, but is there anything i can do to the box in the meantime, What files need to be uploaded and where do they go, looking at the hand book, the image contents looks very similar to satsearching enigma 4.1.v for cable ?? am i correct in saying that the cccamd file for sat boxes is the same as the evocamd is for the cable boxes, and would i need to make up bouquets as well ?? and can i use Flash FTP with this box to upload any files that i need, YIP ... I'm now right back to " noob " statues, as far as these boxes are concern, Cheers !!

wullboy
02-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Well it seems iv`e bought a box that nobody knows anything about, either that, there not letting on :wink:

Magnu420
02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
is the box original or a clone

i presume its more or less the same way to flash as dbox and dreambox
being a linux box

ok ive found this on me travels thanks to digidude

There are 4 main ways to flash an image onto your receiver, 2 via your network, one via serial null modem lead and via USB. this thread will link you to the actual tutorials and the threads holding the tutorials for all 4 methods

The first method is via the TM Linux loader, this flashes via your network.

The tutorial can be downloaded from below (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The next method is via the miniweb, again this flashes via your network, and in my opinion is the easiest way of updating your receiver.

The tutorial can be downloaded from below

The final option is to flash via serial lead, this requires a null modem serial lead to connect to your computer. This method of updating will recover from most problems, including corrupted flashes, booting problems, and numerous others if you are unable to connect via your network.

The tutorial can be downloaded from below

The final way is via USB, this requires you to extract your image file to a USB memory device, along with a few other files, and update using your remote control, the tutorial for this will be here as soon as i have finished writing it To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. The instruction manual for the TM500/600 can be downloaded from below (http://www.*************.co.uk/attachments/49311d1258714412-tm500-600-manual-tm-500_600-usermanual-2009)

wullboy
02-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks mags, i was trying to ftp into the box today, but could not get in, so hopefully one of these will let me in. cheers m8,

PS ..... there doesn`t seem to be a lot of people with this box, compared with cable, sat does not have a lot tuts going about,

Magnu420
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks mags, i was trying to ftp into the box today, but could not get in, so hopefully one of these will let me in. cheers m8,

PS ..... there doesn`t seem to be a lot of people with this box, compared with cable, sat does not have a lot tuts going about,

they will be give it time,when n3 finaly gets us :roflmao:

from what i can imagine in theory its about the same way as other
boxes,make sure you either give an ip what you normaly use for dbox
and turn off dchp and try that,also check that router not blockin the box

wullboy
03-04-2010, 11:16 AM
ok, still struggling to get into this box, "duh" so, does FLASHFTP program work with this box, as it has an enigma image on it, i have set flashftp up manualy the same way i would a dreambox if enigma was on it, but i just cannont get in, so does flash work on this box ???

notanotherone
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
it should work ok maybe your putting in wrong password for it ??

wullboy
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
it should work ok maybe your putting in wrong password for it ??

na nao, the password is "passwd" and i have try`d everything i would have try`d if it had been a dreambox, i just cannot suss why i can`t get in...., im getting told there is no image upgrade for this box [ enigma image on it as standard image ] but i suppose i could put a differant image in it alltogether, if i get no joy, then i suppose i`ll need to !!

notanotherone
03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
default user is root, password leave blank m8, by default there isnt one

any ftp prog will work

wullboy
03-04-2010, 01:10 PM
default user is root, password leave blank m8, by default there isnt one
any ftp prog will work

when i set the flashftp proggy up, i leave the password out, but when i hit the start button to go in, a small box comes up with the " user as root and the password is empty, if i hit the ok button it will do nothing,the small box just sit there, so if i put in "passwd" and hit the ok botton, it goes to try and log in, but it just sits there until it is timed out !!

i am useing the same leads as i would my d box, i remove them from the d box and i put them into the back of the tech box [ i have just went back to my d box and i ftp`d straight in, so no probs with wrong leads ]

the set up on the tech box is

ip 192.168.1,106
dhcp ticked
netmast 255.255.255.0
type lan
nameserver 194.168.4.100
gateway [ router] 192.168.1.1
network ticked
port 80[ cause online with route]
mac address ***************
static ip 82.40.89.103

this is a wierd one as i have been useing flash manualy for about 2 years, so it might have something to do with my online set-up with-in tech box, as this is all new to me, but saying that, no probs with d box on-line and getting in there ??

fergalsworld
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Try giving it a static ip or try connecting straight to pc no router might need to use a crossover cable.

wullboy
04-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Try giving it a static ip or try connecting straight to pc no router might need to use a crossover cable.

Have tried that aswell fergals, i thought maybe it was that, but that will not work either, there is something strange going on here, and i dont know what it is yet, i have now tried 3 different programs and not one will let me in, Now, i had this once with a clone enigma box, it just would not let me in, and then for some strange reason, it just all of a sudden did, and i hade been trying for about 4 hours with that box, and i new it was working absolutely find the day before,so i have had a box that has locked my out for some strange reason,

sat-shop
04-04-2010, 09:12 AM
The default password is a blank password by default but a lot of software won't let you use this (I use WinSCP for FTP though which works fine), but if you are having problems with the blank password use Technomate Control Centre to change/set a password, then try FTP again using your new set password and all should be well. You are probably best to go with the UR image rather than the standard FTA Enigma image, this has all the extra plugins etc. available via then menu, there are other ported images though, Gemini, Nabilo, PLi etc.

wullboy
04-04-2010, 10:00 AM
The default password is a blank password by default but a lot of software won't let you use this (I use WinSCP for FTP though which works fine), but if you are having problems with the blank password use Technomate Control Centre to change/set a password, then try FTP again using your new set password and all should be well. You are probably best to go with the UR image rather than the standard FTA Enigma image, this has all the extra plugins etc. available via then menu, there are other ported images though, Gemini, Nabilo, PLi etc.

Cheers m8, you were spot on, i can know see the the files and folders in the root, i went and changed the password with the technomate control centre, and now flashftp is getting in,so lesson learned, and yes m8 im useing a ur image and ive got some downloads now, Thanks !!

berley
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
oi wullboy my very first pm told you to download that :roflmao: D'oh ! you really should listen to me :roflmao: glad your sorted now tho :zoom:

wullboy
04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
oi wullboy my very first pm told you to download that :roflmao: D'oh ! you really should listen to me :roflmao: glad your sorted now tho :zoom:

yes berley, i did, but it still would not work, only after i changed the password from no password to " A " password, did flashftp manage to get into the box, also ddc 2.96 would not work, but i downloaded an older version, 2.6 [ the same version as yourself ] would it work, so now iv`e got to proggies that work.... clever girl ... :wink3:...... lol

notanotherone
04-04-2010, 12:08 PM
ok wull not sure where youll find your files but heres some pictures to try and help you

1st picture shows what file mines is in as you see its /
then i clicked etc in /
3rd pictures shwos what your looking for
4th picture righ click then edit
5th picture shows you whats inside that file
all you need to do is tab down to the bottom and do as i said

notanotherone
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
found this on another place can take no credit for it what so ever dont even know if it works am sure wullboy will keep us informed lol

Here's an Updated UK channel list for a fixed dish with a matching "channels.uk" config for WeekEPG.

I've gone through and sorted what was broken on WeekEPG "channels.uk" zapping/epg etc and have managed to fix all what i consider the "Main" channels "more then 250" Full 8 day EPG available for all.

didn't bother with > International/Shopping/Religious channels.

Zapping / Timers / Auto Showing whats on now / should all work with this now, "fingers crossed" had someone else zapping channels for me while i marked down if they worked.

I've also updated my "UK Fixed Dish Channel" list to match the epg order/channels. used FTA versions when available.

i suggest transferring channel list with DBedit as other apps don't keep some of the renaming in bouquets.
and to update "channels.uk" delete the existing one from /var/etc/ and replace with new one over ftp, then restart enigma.

I'll be posting updates to Fixed Dish Channel Lists and channels.uk in here from now on so check last posts for updates

p.s
Thanks to WeekEPG dev "MaxZ4" for help/advice in getting this sorted

Edit:
Here's the List of all the channels that get full 8 day EPG data using this config, in the order i used.

tonybod
04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I've had a TM 600 for 4 days now (still haven't got the motorised dish up).

Pretty impressed with it so far, can't wait to get the new dish up.