PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Remote

6d John
30-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I've had my Vu+ long enough to get familiar with (most of) the functions and software tools etc around, but I have a couple of questions:

- There's a plugin called "Remote Timer", which is a bit of a mystery to me. Does anyone have any information on what it does, how it works etc, as I think it could be useful to me?
(In fact, is there more information anywhere about the plugins available - some of them aren't very intuitive and lack instructions)?

- Has anyone been able to get the Vu+ remote control's "+" and "-" Channel buttons to actually change channel on a single press? On all the images I've tried, all they do is bring up the EPG (from where you can change channel, but it's not what you would expect).

Grateful for any comments/info...

(Currently using a recent PLi image).

Sicilian
30-03-2010, 10:00 PM
The channel +- buttons open the bouqet that your currently in. To change a single channel use the left & right buttons.

6d John
30-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Yes, I realise that. It just seems odd that the Channel +- doesn't just change up and down by a single channel, but I guess there is logic behind it.

Do you have any info on the Remote Timer plugin?

Thanks.

notanotherone
31-03-2010, 07:05 AM
am sure its all to do with what image your using,when image builders compile them they dont have every type of remote at hand and so the things the put in may work some buttons on your remote while it doesnt on otheres ,now my pli image on the remote for my type of box works the +- for channel up and down

Sicilian
31-03-2010, 07:38 AM
am sure its all to do with what image your using,when image builders compile them they dont have every type of remote at hand and so the things the put in may work some buttons on your remote while it doesnt on otheres ,now my pli image on the remote for my type of box works the +- for channel up and down

Nao, its how the VU+ Duo was designed. I think the latest Dream-Elite has a Pauli keymap plugin where you change things.

Here some info on the remote timer, never used it myself.

http://digsat.net/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22439

notanotherone
31-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Nao, its how the VU+ Duo was designed. I think the latest Dream-Elite has a Pauli keymap plugin where you change things.

Here some info on the remote timer, never used it myself.

http://digsat.net/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22439

neither have i :roflmao::fryingpan::fryingpan:

franko
31-03-2010, 09:05 PM
any 1 no were i can buy a new 1?

Sicilian
01-04-2010, 08:01 AM
any 1 no were i can buy a new 1?

You'll be lucky, peeps are having difficulty buying a receiver complete, let alone a spare remote :roflmao: