PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recorder stuck with DVD inside!!!

woody22
27-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Can anyone help me I have a ? wharfedale DVDR24HD160F? I have a DVD in it and I cant get it to open or play, also all my programs are on the hard drive and advice?
Thank you

berley
27-03-2010, 05:04 PM
There's normally a tiny hole that allows you to insert a paper clip or something similar in it to open it.

woody22
27-03-2010, 06:07 PM
There's normally a tiny hole that allows you to insert a paper clip or something similar in it to open it.

I can open the door but how do i get the DVD out?
and is there any way to get it of standby?
Thank you!

woody22
27-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Can anyone help me I have a ? wharfedale DVDR24HD160F? I have a DVD in it and I cant get it to open or play, also all my programs are on the hard drive and advice?
Thank you
Sorry I should have said it is stuck on stand-by (the blue light is on all the time) I can do nothing at al it wont switch on, any idea?s

thelostone
27-03-2010, 10:39 PM
You could try brute force ie open the flap press eject and try pulling the tray out(worked for me but not something i would recommend)
pull the plug out leave it to reset(if you have not already tried that)
If you are feeling brave take the top off see if you can get at it that way or depending how long you have had it take it back

woody22
27-03-2010, 11:15 PM
You could try brute force ie open the flap press eject and try pulling the tray out(worked for me but not something i would recommend)
pull the plug out leave it to reset(if you have not already tried that)
If you are feeling brave take the top off see if you can get at it that way or depending how long you have had it take it back
Because it is on stand by all the time the eject won't work tried pressing & pressing but no luck,left plug out for over a week by stiil wont come off stand by, had it over a year so too late to take back, will try and take the top off see if you can get at it that way without breaking the DVD as it is the 1st dvd in a set of 18, but will wait to see if anyone has any idea's first,
Thank you for your help!

fergalsworld
27-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Take the lid off 5 screws i think then there will be a Bridge across the dvd which should pull off then you should be able to access the dvd if its the same dvd player in the thread i read.

fergalsworld
27-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Here is the thread post 8
Wharfedale DVDR24HD160 problem - Personal Video Recorders - Digital Spy Forums (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Also found this

determine if your version has a recessed reset button and if yes press it;
press and hold the PWR button for about 5 seconds;
unplug from the mains and disconnect all connections for an extended period of time. The idea is to force the unit to do a hard reset. Unplugging would simulate this and revert the unit back to factory default. This would restore start-up settings and configurations;
if successful on the reset, enter SETUP MENU;
select PREFERENCE MENU;
select FACTORY DEFAULTS;
select OK;
restart the Wharfedale DVDR;

perform INITIAL SETUP.

woody22
28-03-2010, 01:16 PM
fergalsworld
Thank you I have noted your details & also added your Wharfedale link to my favs so will deal with it when family has gone,

Thank you again to all who replied!

woody22
28-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Just to let you all know I did get the top of and did get my DVD out,but could not get it to reset it won't come off stand-by at all, I think I need to get a new one,any idea's about what one to get I would like one that would record on hard drive and also onto dvd's,

thelostone
28-03-2010, 11:33 PM
any of the well known ones mate ie panasonic,toshiba,sony ect i all ways say you get what you pay for.I have a pansaonic hdd,dvd recorder and imo its one of the best.If you record stuff to keep and need to edit it on the hdd it is seemless.Something to think about if you can wait for a while blue-ray recordable should come down in price.This is a good place to start
DVD Recorders | Home Cinema Separates | Richer Sounds (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. have a look any questions give us a shout