PDA

View Full Version : My Wii is Chipped!

woody22
24-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Can anyone help? I don?t want to ask the wrong questions but I have a wii which is chipped, but I dont know where to get games as, as I said I don?t want to ask the wrong questions but is there somewhere I can down load games? I do hope is ok to ask this, if not I am sorry!!!

DessertDog
24-03-2010, 11:23 PM
U could try torrent sites use google it helps

thesparky
24-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Google "wiiso" great place for games :trustme:

10mg
24-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Google "wiiso" great place for games :trustme:

Yep agree, sucks that is rapidshare type links thou.

If your gonna download then download usb loader games (ciso) games smaller and can be expanded to fit a dvd if you dont have a usb HD attached to the wii

thesparky
24-03-2010, 11:55 PM

true, but if you use a program like "JDownloader" it will grab all the links and download them for you, even if you dont have a RS account it will queue the files and download when ready,

yes without an account it will take quite a few hours to download an iso but it is free

if he fancies torrents then look for "wiiiso" ( 3 x i's in this title 2 for the other place), if you do go for torrents remember you need to seed back, ie. you have to leave your pc on to allow it to give back the files, saying that if you use a site with PB as it title you dont even need to reg BUT always always scan for viruses

10mg
25-03-2010, 12:39 AM
lol tried jdownloader but win7 dont like it. I run it on a virtual machine. Slow but gets there.

thesparky
25-03-2010, 12:50 AM
lol tried jdownloader but win7 dont like it. I run it on a virtual machine. Slow but gets there.
its a great program to let run over night, wake up to find your iso ready, then use imgburn another free program to burn it to disc

saffronfox
25-03-2010, 02:41 AM
the best and most fast way i found so far is to borrow game from freinds, family and rip using imgburn or usbloader.
another way is to rent them from your local videobox and do as said above.

woody22
25-03-2010, 12:27 PM
the best and most fast way i found so far is to borrow game from freinds, family and rip using imgburn or usbloader.
another way is to rent them from your local videobox and do as said above.
Sorry for bieng stupid but how do you rip it?
Thank you

U could try torrent sites use google it helps

I dont have a torrent account I tried to join R********** but I don?t know how can you help?

If your gonna download then download usb loader games (ciso) games smaller and can be expanded to fit a dvd if you dont have a usb HD attached to the wii
Sorry you lost me! What are(usb loader games (ciso)) and what do you mean by ( smaller and can be expanded to fit a dvd if you dont have a usb HD attached to the wii) sorry but really new to this jargon please stick with me.
Thank you

true, but if you use a program like "JDownloader" it will grab all the links and download them for you, even if you dont have a RS account it will queue the files and download when ready,
yes without an account it will take quite a few hours to download an iso but it is free
if he fancies torrents then look for "wiiiso" ( 3 x i's in this title 2 for the other place), if you do go for torrents remember you need to seed back, ie. you have to leave your pc on to allow it to give back the files, saying that if you use a site with PB as it title you dont even need to reg BUT always always scan for viruses
Thank you I am not sure I understand, where do I get "JDownloader" and what is it?
Not too sure how or where to look for "wiiiso" ( 3 x i's in this title 2 for the other place),
I dont have a RS account or torrents account I tried to join Revolution but I don?t know how can you help?
Thank you

its a great program to let run over night, wake up to find your iso ready, then use imgburn another free program to burn it to disc
Sorry what is a great program how do I get it and how do I use it? where do you get all the free programs?

DessertDog
25-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you I am not sure I understand, where do I get "JDownloader" and what is it?
Not too sure how or where to look for "wiiiso" ( 3 x i's in this title 2 for the other place),
I dont have a RS account or torrents account I tried to join Revolution but I don?t know how can you help?
Thank you
It seems you need to do some reading up m8 use google it will help you a lot for anything you dont know.

thesparky
25-03-2010, 09:10 PM
woody22, take your time and read the posts carefully, we mainly are pointing you to search via Google,
JDownloader is a program that is free,
wiiso is a site for file that you can us and also wiiiso is a torrent site you can use
my posts may seem vague its purely i do not want to post other sites on this board as it can be classed as :spam:

we can help and we will help, just maybe a little more reading and get used to the terminologies

10mg
25-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry you lost me! What are(usb loader games (ciso)) and what do you mean by ( smaller and can be expanded to fit a dvd if you dont have a usb HD attached to the wii) sorry but really new to this jargon please stick with me.
Thank you

The ciso format is generally a compressed iso meaning that an already compressed image file is then compressed again, but it dont stop there.

Most ciso files are small, not just becuase of the extra compression but also becuase all the useless data on the disk has been removed.

Take new supermario brothers game. Full disk is 4.3 gb size, when you get it as a ciso its about 350mb in size!!!!

Easier on the bandwidth.

Wii backup manager currently allows you to decompress a ciso to normal iso file.

woody22
25-03-2010, 11:15 PM
The ciso format is generally a compressed iso meaning that an already compressed image file is then compressed again, but it dont stop there.
Most ciso files are small, not just becuase of the extra compression but also becuase all the useless data on the disk has been removed.
Take new supermario brothers game. Full disk is 4.3 gb size, when you get it as a ciso its about 350mb in size!!!!
Easier on the bandwidth.
Wii backup manager currently allows you to decompress a ciso to normal iso file.
Thank you VERY much, do you need any special program to do this (if so where would I get it?) and could you talk me through it?
Thank you I am very greatful

woody22
25-03-2010, 11:40 PM
woody22, take your time and read the posts carefully, we mainly are pointing you to search via Google,
JDownloader is a program that is free,
wiiso is a site for file that you can us and also wiiiso is a torrent site you can use
my posts may seem vague its purely i do not want to post other sites on this board as it can be classed as :spam:
we can help and we will help, just maybe a little more reading and get used to the terminologies
Thank you I have done a search via Google as you said, but I am unsure how to open the torrent, is it possible for you to pm me??
Thank you again

saffronfox
28-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Sorry for bieng stupid but how do you rip it?
Thank you

very easy to do m8 just find the imgburn progam (freeware) use google to find, install it on your pc, put the wii disc in your rom drive and click create image file from disc.

once you have your image file click Write image file to disc, Insert blank CD/DVD/BD (depending on image size!), Select a file to write by clicking on the 'Browse for file' button.
you should be looking for a *.CUE / *.MDS file initially. If you can't locate one of those with the name you're expecting, go for whatever is left! (probably a *.ISO file) when you have selected your file click the write icon.

thesparky
28-03-2010, 08:36 AM
very easy to do m8 just find the imgburn progam (freeware) use google to find, install it on your pc, put the wii disc in your rom drive and click create image file from disc.
once you have your image file click Write image file to disc, Insert blank CD/DVD/BD (depending on image size!), Select a file to write by clicking on the 'Browse for file' button.
you should be looking for a *.CUE / *.MDS file initially. If you can't locate one of those with the name you're expecting, go for whatever is left! (probably a *.ISO file) when you have selected your file click the write icon.

im afraid you cant do this with an original disc only a backup and only a backup that has been written with imgburn, as nero changes the bytes so returns an error on the size of the image

you can back up an original but you need a different program and a special drive, ive got both but it takes something stupid like 3 hours or so just to read it and produce an image so only ever used it once,

two very basic ways to grab a back up of a game is either a torrent, a torrent is a collection of people sharing a file, so you use a program like utorrent to leech a torrent then you seed it back by leaving on your pc and allowing the file to seed back thus allowing someone else to leech it

the other way is to find links, but as there will be multiple links for a single game (assuming your using a free account),
the standard way is to click on the first link which take you to a p2p file share site you have to wait 60 seconds and then grab the link, it can then take an hour to download depending on the connection speed
once you have your first link you then grab then second link and so on, so takes hours, you either get a premium account or a program like jdownloader,

jdownloader allows you to add a list of all the files at once, the program itself then grabs the files as and when it can, as in after wait times,
still takes hours but you dont have to monitor it, ideal to run over night go to work and return to find a bunch of rar files, ready to burn

get jdownloader free from here
http://jdownloader.en.softonic.com/download

this is utorrent used for torrent
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i said before a famous torrent site with the initials of PB you dont need to reg so dont need to seed back but please do seed as much as you can, as others will want the game as well and if nobody bothered to seed back there would be no files for anyone

last little tip for now, Wii game are regional and region free, so if you have a PAL machine just go for PAL or region free games, you can grab NTSC or JAP but will need to patch them, (something to learn another time i think, not being rude) :D

dont be afraid to ask even if you think its a silly question, no private messages as we like to keep all discussions on the forum board so to help others in the future

good luck and happy gaming

woody22
28-03-2010, 12:56 PM
thesparky & saffronfox
Thank you I have printed out what you said and I will try it on Tuesday as I have family staying until then, Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.!!!

Thank you both!!!

saffronfox
28-03-2010, 01:58 PM
im afraid you cant do this with an original disc only a backup and only a backup that has been written with imgburn, as nero changes the bytes so returns an error on the size of the image

you can back up an original but you need a different program and a special drive, ive got both but it takes something stupid like 3 hours or so just to read it and produce an image so only ever used it once,

sorry getting ahead of my self forgot about setup, yes you are very right apart from the time taken to rip never used to take me that long at all (some dvd-rom drives are faster them others) and the drive i used to rip is a LG GDR 8163B flashed with 0L03 firmware quite common and cheep but must fall within a range of dvd-rom drives.

tbh the pratice of ripping in this way is very outdated anyway i dont rip using my pc anymore i always use my wii and usbloader to rip games and using a hdd to play games means i dont need to burn games too. this faster then any torrent out their and you are less likely to get a letter from your isp for illegal downloads

costs a little more to setup but an ext hdd has to be byfar the best way of both backing up and playing backups on your wii.

woody22
28-03-2010, 06:59 PM
sorry getting ahead of my self forgot about setup, yes you are very right apart from the time taken to rip never used to take me that long at all (some dvd-rom drives are faster them others) and the drive i used to rip is a LG GDR 8163B flashed with 0L03 firmware quite common and cheep but must fall within a range of dvd-rom drives.
tbh the pratice of ripping in this way is very outdated anyway i dont rip using my pc anymore i always use my wii and usbloader to rip games and using a hdd to play games means i dont need to burn games too. this faster then any torrent out their and you are less likely to get a letter from your isp for illegal downloads
costs a little more to setup but an ext hdd has to be byfar the best way of both backing up and playing backups on your wii.

Thank you saffronfox
I have printed out what you said and I will read it on Tuesday as I have family staying until then, Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.!!!

woody22
19-04-2010, 12:27 PM
two very basic ways to grab a back up of a game is either a torrent, a torrent is a collection of people sharing a file, so you use a program like utorrent to leech a torrent then you seed it back by leaving on your pc and allowing the file to seed back thus allowing someone else to leech it
the other way is to find links, but as there will be multiple links for a single game (assuming your using a free account),
the standard way is to click on the first link which take you to a p2p file share site you have to wait 60 seconds and then grab the link, it can then take an hour to download depending on the connection speed
once you have your first link you then grab then second link and so on, so takes hours, you either get a premium account or a program like jdownloader,
jdownloader allows you to add a list of all the files at once, the program itself then grabs the files as and when it can, as in after wait times,
still takes hours but you dont have to monitor it, ideal to run over night go to work and return to find a bunch of rar files, ready to burn
get jdownloader free from here
http://jdownloader.en.softonic.com/download
this is utorrent used for torrent
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i said before a famous torrent site with the initials of PB you dont need to reg so dont need to seed back but please do seed as much as you can, as others will want the game as well and if nobody bothered to seed back there would be no files for anyone
last little tip for now, Wii game are regional and region free, so if you have a PAL machine just go for PAL or region free games, you can grab NTSC or JAP but will need to patch them, (something to learn another time i think, not being rude) :D
dont be afraid to ask even if you think its a silly question, no private messages as we like to keep all discussions on the forum board so to help others in the future
good luck and happy gaming
Hi thesparky,
Just to say SORRY for the delay in getting back to you as I don?t have much free time due to family problems, I did download the two links you gave me but have not installed the 1st one as yet not to sure when I will get to it but the games can wait for now and when I get the time if I need any advice I WILL ASK and I know I will get there thanks to all of you!!!