PDA

View Full Version : Sat Connection Advice

grtmoby
19-03-2010, 09:57 AM
My box should be arriving soon and I attached my connection scheme here. I need your opinion if this will be ok and functioning correctly or you think of a better way to do it.

My goal is to be able to have the signal from the fixed dish (Nilesat) available for both tuners at some times and so be able to watch and record from different transponders at the same time.

Any advice on how to setup the tuners configuration on the VU for this will be appreciated as to avoid the try and error :)

Thanks guys...

dfdream
19-03-2010, 10:08 AM
One question.

Which device will control the motor on 1.8m dish. Room 1 or room 2.

D

grtmoby
19-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Room 2 through a separate positioner.

Sicilian
19-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd say it looks ok if Room 1 was moving the moter.

grtmoby
19-03-2010, 10:37 AM
what difference/benefit will it make to control from which room as i can put the positioner any where i like. Room 2 is my living, where i stay most of the time.
@Sicilian: I know you are our expert here, will you kindly advice of how to configure the tuners if possible.

Thanks...

Sicilian
19-03-2010, 10:50 AM
what difference/benefit will it make to control from which room as i can put the positioner any where i like. Room 2 is my living, where i stay most of the time.
@Sicilian: I know you are our expert here, will you kindly advice of how to configure the tuners if possible.

Thanks...

I wouldn't say expert :roflmao:

The switch connected to room2 in between both dishes, is this just a manual A-B switch?

The positioner i'm assuming is a Vbox or something similar? Now the positioner (Vbox) uses DiSEqC signal from the VU+ Room 2 to move your dish, so unless you use a manual A-B switch I think you might have problems, becuase the positioner will be using the DiSEqC signal from the VU+ so this will not get sent to the DiSEqC switch unless its a manual A-B switch.

Thats what I think, but I could be wrong.

dfdream
19-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I agree..

I wouldnt expect the a/b switching and diseqc to work on the same cable.

If you want the VU+ to move the motor the only way I can see to get what you need is to replace the twin LNB with a quad.

Connect the motor to tuner A and connect another cable from 1.8m and 1.02m with A/B Switch to tuner B.

Other than that you need 3 tuners. But you are still limited to the sat the motorised dish is pointing to.

grtmoby
19-03-2010, 11:18 AM
O sorry i didn't explain it clearly.

The switch connected to room2 in between both dishes, is this just a manual A-B switch?
It is a diseqc switch that is controlled by the VU+ as the one in the pic below.

The positioner (i am using now) controlling the motorized dish is an independent positioner that works through a remote control and not connected to the receiver or the switch.

I went and search for the vbox you mentioned and i think it is a much better than the positioner (less hassle). I was just wondering if it can replace my current positioner and drive my superjack actuator or not. If yes which is the best one as i found different ones from clarke-tech, Moteck..etc and each has different models. I am now receiving 12 satellites if this info is of use.

I really appreciate your assistance....

Sicilian
19-03-2010, 11:39 AM
With regards to the DiSEqC switch, I dont think it will work becuase when setting a tuner to DiSEqC A/B you need to specify the two satellites, see attached screenshot.
Now i'm assunming your using a 36v actuator motor, correct?
Now the only way I see this working is by using a Vbox or something similer and a manual A/B switch to switch dishes and even then I think you will have a problem becuase when you switch to the fixed dish, the tuner will still think your connected to a motorised dish, but it should tune to the fixed dish.

I'll check the tuner settings tonight and see if I can come up with some non-standard config.

grtmoby
19-03-2010, 11:47 AM
yes it is a 36v actuator motor (SuperJack).

I really appreciate your help and advice, and sorry if i made it complicated, but can't see another way to (at certain times) have two Nilesat connected at the same time (this is mainly coz of JSC sports broadcasting different matches on different transpnders at the same time (champions league, europe cup, european leagues....etc).

Sicilian
19-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I think it will be do-able with somekind of non-standard tuner config setup. I cant think of all the setting's atm, I'll check tonight to see what the VU+ allows you to save.