PDA

View Full Version : What image do you use? Why?

bobsonthejob
17-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi All,

Just trying to get everyone a general feel of what others are using.

I am using Pli at the moment. The seems to have everything functioning well.. As far as Recording and timeshift is concerned.

I was originally a fan of the Vti image but have since enjoyed happy viewing with the Pli image.

Sicilian
17-03-2010, 12:37 PM
OpenPLi here, nice and stable and easily updated using software. Before doing a software update I tend to keep a backup of my settings/bouquets before hand. Also before performing a software update check PLi website PLi? Images website (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. There's now a little window to the left saying if OpenPLi is stable or not, so always check that prior to updating.

VTI is a very good stable image too, but as and when new drivers/fixes are implemented you need re-flash.

Dream-Elite, great stable image with loads of eye candy lol, reason I don't use this is because the built in EPG is a bit fluffy. With OpenPLI I use rytec epg, this can easily be installed onto VTI image.

sat-shop
17-03-2010, 12:41 PM
PLi here to, always been a fan of PLi from the Enigma1 days anyway, but find it's stable and offers everything I personally need from the plugins menu, got a nice skin on it, the rytec epg plgin working fine and both tuners working, one fixed dish, one motorised, time shift also working great... Need to upgrade the HDD when I get chance as I put in the only one I had to hand which isn't great, but it does work...

Think that's the thing on the satellite side on the whole is just works, and that's what it's all about! I beleive the media player side leaves a little to be desired at present but I've not played with this much, for me it's a satellite receiver first and that part is working great and that includes with the PLi image, not really had need to try any other images because of this!

dfdream
17-03-2010, 04:23 PM
PLi here too..

I have enigma1 PLi on 7020. Jade2, not latest. It was a pain at times. It could freeze at any time, even booting from cold. Disaster..

The best feature of VU+ and pli is its stability.
4 crashes this month and mostly either in the tuner menu or media playback.

I like the responsiveness and the rytec epg.

I like the overnight updates but wonder why the openpli says no or 1-2 updates and 40 packages get downloaded.

Also with most updates my channels and bouquets get into a mess. 28.5 Sat nearly always disappears so the laptop has to come out.

Media player is poor. Ok if you go start to end on same file and if its not too high in definition.

malsat
23-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Im trying all and will report back when finished

dfdream
23-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Update.

With the fix on FWD and RWD on the number buttons the performance of the media file formats has much improved.

I also find it better to add your media folder location to the recordings playback rather than using media player as its easier to navigate and operate.

[IG]Mart
24-03-2010, 11:23 PM
PLi here to,im new to all this so im just getting to find my way about,must say this is the best box i have ever had and i have had no problems with this image.