PDA

View Full Version : Fergals your a star

DessertDog
17-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Just to say thanks to Fergals he helped me finally get signed up on the cheap to sky tonight.
Cheers bud

Gazer
17-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Just to say thanks to Fergals he helped me finally get signed up on the cheap to sky tonight.
Cheers bud

spill the beans DD what do you call cheap

DessertDog
17-03-2010, 04:33 PM
spill the beans DD what do you call cheap
check this thread out Boss:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. the codes here have expired dunno if fergals has any more if not some on that famous auction site from 4.99 to silly money if you need more info let me know.
I have signed up for the Knowledge pack free HD box Free installation free HD pack all for 12 months for ?9.00 per month for 12 months you can add more packs but of course it will cost more gazer.

Diablo13
17-03-2010, 10:28 PM
That's the deal I got as well.
I added the knowledge pack a couple of days later, as it is an additional pack which only costs an extra pound a month. My first bill which went out of my bank yesterday was still only for ?9 though.
Well worth it in my opinion as the Discovery channels look awesome in HD.
I hope you are as impressed by the quality and service as I am when you get installed DD?
You should get in there quick if you can Gazer, as the offer was supposed to end on the 13th of this month!

DessertDog
17-03-2010, 11:01 PM
That's the deal I got as well.
I added the knowledge pack a couple of days later, as it is an additional pack which only costs an extra pound a month. My first bill which went out of my bank yesterday was still only for ?9 though.
Well worth it in my opinion as the Discovery channels look awesome in HD.
I hope you are as impressed by the quality and service as I am when you get installed DD?
You should get in there quick if you can Gazer, as the offer was supposed to end on the 13th of this month!

Im in there m8 being installed sunday am lol

Diablo13
17-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm really glad you finally managed to get in DD.
It took a lot of time and effort on your part, but I'm glad your persistence was finally rewarded. A big saving over a year, especially because your like me, you have the broadband and phone to pay separately on top!
You waited so long hoping for more Fresat HD content, wait till you see what you get on Sunday, I reckon you will be over the moon with it. :tv: :appl:

DessertDog
18-03-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm really glad you finally managed to get in DD.
It took a lot of time and effort on your part, but I'm glad your persistence was finally rewarded. A big saving over a year, especially because your like me, you have the broadband and phone to pay separately on top!
You waited so long hoping for more Fresat HD content, wait till you see what you get on Sunday, I reckon you will be over the moon with it. :tv: :appl:

How many HD channels are in the pack m8?

Sicilian
18-03-2010, 11:26 AM
How many HD channels are in the pack m8?

Theres a list here dd Sky+ HD Information, Advice and FAQ (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ITV HD will soon be added as standard to.

Diablo13
18-03-2010, 05:38 PM
There is a lot of useful info in Sics link, including a couple of setup features I didnt know were there. Thanks for that Sic.
It is a pretty comprehensive list, but I'm not sure it is entirely up to date, some of the HD channels you get are obviously dependant on your package. The other side of the coin is that you get some extra HD channels like Discovery HD without paying for the knowledge package. So I could innitially get Discovery HD, but I couldn't get Discovery SD, if you see what I mean.
Some channels broadcast in HD, like Bravo but you don't get that, just Bravo SD because at the moment it's not part of the Sky package. I think it may be owned by Virgin as part of their UK network?
It states on the link page that the Sky+HD box has a 300gb hard drive, giving 160gb free to record on. Thats not true, the Amstrad box I got has a 500gb drive, which gives you 250 gb recording space.
I have the modern epg pre installed, so there was no need to update the box or it's firmware, as is mentioned in the article.
I have not used the "anytime" feature yet, I record through the series link and it takes me all my time to keep up.
It is a well laid out box and the remote feels like quality and is instinctively quite easy to use.
I'm sure like me you will have a good couple of hours just playing with the features to learn where they are?
One of these days I must get around to reading the manual because there may be things I dont know about, but for normal usage I haven't really needed to look at it yet.
Which is a good point for user friendliness!

gazza2008
20-03-2010, 11:53 PM
****es I just got virgin HD installed

ah well I mte get min package and then get the sky offer :lol:

cactikid
21-03-2010, 03:09 PM
ah gaz ya missed again m8,have my sky+hd nearly a year very happy with it ,downfall over here is 65 euro a month for basic and hd movies and in uk great savings to be made,made for a large tv with home cinema.

Diablo13
22-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Sorry gaz but you can't join our expanding WOD Sky club then! :9:
Only the elite penny pinchers here!:lol3: