PDA

View Full Version : live freeview on the iphone

Gazer
14-03-2010, 08:47 PM
And this is free :)

go to google on your iphone and type in TVcatchup once there you will need to go to signup then put in a username and password plus your e-mail address and thats it .......free live freeview ....once you have signed up on your iphone log in then add to home screen and it save you as logged in.......this can be used on a PC as well and will be in HD next month as long as you have a HD monitor all HD laptop

Enjoy

Regards Gazer

berley
14-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Just done it and it works - cheers :zoom:

now can you add some games to the arcade :p

Gazer
14-03-2010, 09:11 PM
forgot to say that this will work on the ipod touch as well as long as you have wifi around you working ;)

notanotherone
15-03-2010, 01:59 PM
forgot to say that this will work on the ipod touch as well as long as you have wifi around you working ;)

nice one fat lad works on my touch ,have you put it on my iphone??:kungfu::thumbup2:

Diablo13
15-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I signed up to use it on the pc.
Logged in and went to a channel to test it, which opened Winamp, but I could not get it to play anything. Not even a menu, just that it was signing in to the ip address?
Will have another go later if I remember.

notanotherone
19-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Logged in and went to a channel to test it, which opened Winamp, but I could not get it to play anything. Not even a menu, just that it was signing in to the ip address?

i put this on my itouch (cause fat lad has my i phone) and it worked gr8 went to it to-day to show my niece and all it was doing was giving me the ip address of that particular station ,i have reported thsi to them to see if there is an issue ,by the way it works ok on my computer

Diablo13
19-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Please keep us updated if you get a reply NAO.
I wonder why it works on your pc and not mine?
I will have to look into this more. On your pc does it open Winamp as well, or will it run on Windows media player as well? :-?

notanotherone
20-03-2010, 06:29 PM
ok update ..i was getting it thsi morning but this afternoon i got this message on my puter .................ip error (telewest broad band) i get the information adverst but no channles again contacted them awaiting enginers to check it out ,i uninstalled it too by the way and reinstalled it but still no joy

Reddevil
20-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Just had a look it seems they check IP for access by only certain countries, k

Your ISP, British Telecommunications, is a valid UK ISP and compatible with TVCatchup.
Access from another ISP and/or location may be restricted.

notanotherone
21-03-2010, 12:17 PM
This is a NTL error and nothing to do with us I'm afraid, we are trying to speak to them and find out when they are going to fix this.
Kind Regards

TVC_Colwal
TVCatchup.com Support

this was the response

Diablo13
22-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the update NAO.
Now it makes sense. Vermin being the pratts they are will be blocking it because if I remember rightly, catch up tv is one of the selling points for their subscribers!
Tight gits, it's restrictions like this that make me think they might lose a lot of customers and money when BT has it's fibre optic network nationwide and people can get everything from Sky and proper broadband speeds not through the telephone's copper wire?
There will be more independance to choose your providers then.

Gazer
22-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Sorry Diablo
should of reply before now, i'v got this working on 3 laptops and my HP Touchsmart at the moment plus the iphone, and i'm with talktalk, but i think it is using adobe flash player 10 to play it on mine and not winamp.

let me know how you get on m8

Regards Gazer

Diablo13
22-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the update Gazer.
Your probably alright because your on Talk Talk, whereas I am on Vermin and fall foul of their UNFAIR usage restrictions policy which will be blocking me from getting it! :mad:

notanotherone
22-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the update Gazer.
Your probably alright because your on Talk Talk, whereas I am on Vermin and fall foul of their UNFAIR usage restrictions policy which will be blocking me from getting it! :mad:

its defo virgin gazer me and diablo are fooked cause they dont want nowt to do with this if you try any thing else all that comes up is bad ip ,ive spoken to virgin and they wont allow (at this moment in time )for this to run with their own set up ,now they didnt say in the future this mite change ,but then again they didnt say it would

MetalKettle
23-03-2010, 12:46 PM
its defo virgin gazer me and diablo are fooked cause they dont want nowt to do with this if you try any thing else all that comes up is bad ip ,ive spoken to virgin and they wont allow (at this moment in time )for this to run with their own set up ,now they didnt say in the future this mite change ,but then again they didnt say it would

hmm works OK for me with vermin using my wireless router.

notanotherone
30-03-2010, 11:02 AM
hmm works OK for me with vermin using my wireless router.

ok got a fone call yesterday from virgin and they told me that the problem was resolved as metalkettle said it now works ...again