PDA

View Full Version : Questions before i buy...

midlife chav
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
What is the romote control like? good quality? does it have a dedicated record button, fast forward etc?

what is the EPG like? the one on my 800 is poo, doesnt work properly. If i set it on the VU to record a TV show 3 or 4 days in advance will i have any issues?

i see PLI images and Dream Elite images, is there one that is better than the other? are they both the same?

Thanks

Sicilian
12-03-2010, 03:57 PM
What is the romote control like? good quality? does it have a dedicated record button, fast forward etc?

Yes great quality, yes has record & FF FRW buttons.

what is the EPG like? the one on my 800 is poo, doesnt work properly. If i set it on the VU to record a TV show 3 or 4 days in advance will i have any issues?

EPG is great using PLi image, u can set timers in advance with no problems. With OpenPLi you just install the Rytec plugin from addons menu.

i see PLI images and Dream Elite images, is there one that is better than the other? are they both the same?
Thanks

Theres no better image imo. I personally prefer OpenPLi, but you've got nothing to lose trying all images & see what you like best.

midlife chav
12-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks, whats the difference between open PLI and just PLI? are they not the same?!?! lol
obviously not.

Thanks for the advice just waiting for one to get to the UK now.

Sicilian
12-03-2010, 04:42 PM
OpenPLi is more or less updated daily and sometimes it could be a little buggy. They say i its beta firmware, but to be honest i've not had any major issues with it. You can keep you image updated just by simply selecting software update every few days, save's re-flashing when new drivers / fixes get released.