PDA

View Full Version : Dream DM500-C flash problem

mjtuk
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I've been trying to flash my friends DM500-C box to the 2.1 software/firmware using DreamUp v1.3.3.5 and a Null cable but everytime I try flash it I get an "Aborted by User" error and the program closes down.

Am I doing something wrong or could the error be occuring because I run Windows 7 or is the image damaged?

Thanks

Mike

notanotherone
10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
make sure you follow the instrution .place null modem cable into computer and to box then wait before you plug your box into mains ,it will tell you,press the flash button then it will tell you when to plug power in just watch the screen

mjtuk
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I followed the instructions but it always errors about 10-20 seconds after it starts to flash the box. I tried to flash it with v2.0 and the same happens after 10-20 seconds into the flash.

Magnu420
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
not tried with windows 7,but can you get to a pc/laptop with windows xp
and try it on that

Sicilian
11-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Run Dreamup as administrator, use the null modem cable only without ethernet.

BraveHeart
11-03-2010, 06:42 AM
I've been trying to flash my friends DM500-C box to the 2.1 software/firmware using DreamUp v1.3.3.5 and a Null cable but everytime I try flash it I get an "Aborted by User" error and the program closes down.
Am I doing something wrong or could the error be occuring because I run Windows 7 or is the image damaged?
Thanks
Mike

make sure you DO NOT have the network option box ticked mate in dreamup as that will feck it up, and you should turn off any antivirus/firewalls etc too, ive heard they can sometimes cause probs but ive never seen them being a prob, but make sure you dont have the network box ticked mate. let me know how you get on.

i have a couple of images mate if your unsure of the one you have, you can pm me your email address and i will send them no probs.

BraveHeart
12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks
Mike
email sent mate :)

Sicilian
12-03-2010, 06:41 AM
email sent mate :)

Why send an email when you can use the forums to help?? At least others could see the solution your suggestion.

BraveHeart
12-03-2010, 06:58 AM
read post 6

mjtuk
14-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the image Thompson.
Still getting the same problem. I use Windows 7 64bit could that maybe my problem?
Mike

BraveHeart
14-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the image Thompson.
Still getting the same problem. I use Windows 7 64bit could that maybe my problem?
Mike
ok mate,

i'm just guessing that your using a serial to usb cable ? (because you probably dont have a serial port on your pc), if so then these things are sometimes dreadful, i have two of those cables and the drivers to match them and they still have never worked for anything at all, but i know some other people have had success with them, but i havent, this maye be a problem for you ?

And/or windows 7, well if windows vista 64bit is anything to go with in comparison to windows 7 then yes that gave me a lot of problems too when trying to flash alsorts of stuff, in the end i bought a laptop that had windows xp on it and a true serial port and all problems were solved.

sorry thats not much help mate, but i also have experienced the similar type problems and that was my answer to solving it.

best advice is to maybe goto a friends house that has an old computer and try doing what your doing on a machine that has windows xp and a serial port, sorry i cant be of more help. :(

mjtuk
17-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Well still no luck flashing the box.

I'm not using a usb to serial cable just a serial nul cable hooked up to the serial port on my computer.

I installed Vista 32bit onto an old computer I had (never had a XP disc) and tried to flash it again with no luck. Always stops at the same point.

Is there anyother way I could get the firmware onto the Dream?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sicilian
17-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Is it a clone or original receiver? I've seen this happen with power supplies are on the way out.

BraveHeart
17-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Well still no luck flashing the box.
I'm not using a usb to serial cable just a serial nul cable hooked up to the serial port on my computer.
I installed Vista 32bit onto an old computer I had (never had a XP disc) and tried to flash it again with no luck. Always stops at the same point.
Is there anyother way I could get the firmware onto the Dream?
Thanks in advance
Mike
mate, if its any help, ive sometimes hit problems using windows 7 and windows vista when flashing stuff, if i was you i would try and get it on a machine that has windows xp like i said before, other than that i have no ideas mate. sorry.

also try another null cable incase somehow that ones not working proper, theres always that chance.