PDA

View Full Version : recovering a key from a bricked hitachi

morestyles
06-03-2010, 11:10 AM
wow its been a long time since ive been here
after lots of reading the forums , i was wondering if anyone could help please ? i bough a xbox 360 of ebay and wrote on the drive was hitachi 46 iextreme 1.51 spoofed as a sam ms25 , basicaly i wanted to dump the firmware to get the key for safekeeping and for future flashing e.c.t. so heres what i did
i loaded up jungle flasher and went to the hitachi tab and it kept saying no hitachi drive detected
so what i did i thought oh its spoofed as a samsung so maybe the samsung tab would work , i went to that tab and stupidly pressed the sammy unlock tab !!! and now my drive wont open or close
im thinking though will i be able to recover my key still from this drive as i have not wrote over the firmware that was on it ? or worst case senario what chip would i lift so i could read it in a wilem and what software ?
there seems to be a lot of info on recovering drives but most people were lucky enough to have dumped the key first so im at a bit of a loss anyways im still checking out the forums for this info and would apreciate if someone could help please , also has anyone got a TSOP32 DIP32 Adapter 14mm for sale so if all else fails i can recover the key from the tsop
thanks in advance

morestyles
07-03-2010, 01:22 AM
anyone please ?

thesparky
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM
been doing some reading on the hitachi drive and it seems you cant recover the drive but yes your right a willem will read the key but no details have been posted

i'll keep looking for you

as the drive doesnt open it suggests the drive is bricked

update: Firmware Toolbox 4.8, that'll allow you to open the key.bin file.

morestyles
07-03-2010, 05:17 PM
ah ok thanks for answering

tinkertiler
07-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Unless you can dump key off a external reader meaning lifting the chip and trying that way im afraid you have a xbox shaped dvd player. . . . UNLESS you the xbox is able to be jtagged and theat way you will be able to get the key after you have done the jtag but you will need a certain dash board revision on the xbox or it wont work. Post what dash is on it and then i will let you know. Its under console settings system info and it will say a 4 dig number and if it says 8xxx you cant get hold of it that way

morestyles
08-03-2010, 12:35 AM
i think im going to buy a tsop adaptor for my willem and get the chip off that way !!! what started off a cheap xbox is becoming quite expensive . oh well at least i will have all the stuff for the next one i break lol

tinkertiler
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Before you do that have you checked which dashboard is installed on it? As jtag would be the cheaper option to get it back working and it opens up a whole new world when its done.

thesparky
08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
also before buying a tsop adaptor, check the chip hasnt got and gunk on it, as i swapped a drive board yesterday and it was covered with black epoxy

morestyles
08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Before you do that have you checked which dashboard is installed on it? As jtag would be the cheaper option to get it back working and it opens up a whole new world when its done.

what is this world you speak of ??? he he err im not sure of the dashboard but can check later im thinking its the newer one though and knowing my luck would not be compatible hehe

morestyles
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
also before buying a tsop adaptor, check the chip hasnt got and gunk on it, as i swapped a drive board yesterday and it was covered with black epoxy
thakfully theres no epoxy or whatever its called so removing the chip should be ok ,
i already own a willem but then i would need to buy a tsop adaptor and a new drive so thats 40 quid at least .so im thinking i may have to put this project on the back burner for a bit as i have to change all my pads and disk on my bloody car now grrrrrrr

morestyles
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
ps once i have my drive key how hard is it to put that on a new drive ? and do i need a new hitachi drive ? or would any do ?

tinkertiler
08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
what is this world you speak of ??? he he err im not sure of the dashboard but can check later im thinking its the newer one though and knowing my luck would not be compatible hehe

If you turn on the console and then go to system settings and after that go to console settings then scroll down to the bottom section that say info look across at the right hand side of the screen and then tell me the numbers that are on it and then i will tell you if you can jtag it then you can get the key that you need and also do alot more with the xbox besides that as it will be fully hacked!

morestyles
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM
sorry i havnt had time yet i will have a look tomorow

morestyles
11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
hi the numbers there are 2.0.8955.0

tinkertiler
11-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Jtag aint going to happen im afraid then has to be under 72xx to work. The one you have has been updated past the point of no return so you cannot get the dvd key that way im afraid

morestyles
11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
aTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ok ,,, thanks for the help though

morestyles
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
quick update i received my tsop adapter a while ago and desoldered , read and programmed the chip , but no joy with the dvd key :( and i stoopidly thought that it would unbrick the drive at least if i reprogramed it while it was off (it didnt)
also i have been reading about the infectus chip ?? am i right in thinking this is only for recovering the dvd key from the motherboard if its still on the jtagable dash ? and then its only usefull for downgrading the dash ? which seems quite silly as it can be jtaged without it ? anyways im confused and any help or info would be appreciated thanks

tinkertiler
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
You should be able to unbrick the drive if you have the programmer now and if the key was still on it you can recover it from there. Im not sure how to do it but i will ask my mate who has done this before to see if he can help.

morestyles
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
You should be able to unbrick the drive if you have the programmer now and if the key was still on it you can recover it from there. Im not sure how to do it but i will ask my mate who has done this before to see if he can help.

that would be great thanks ,
but as for the keys they were lost but unbricking would be good

cozmo
09-04-2010, 07:26 PM
ok mate spoke to tinkertiler as you have reprogrammed the chip in willems u have lost your key m8 sorry and as for the dash u have on infectus or jtag is not going to work as tinkertilers has said u can still unbrick the drive to work again but not in that 360 as u don't have the key to unbrick it u need to reprogram the chip in a willem programmer with an ixtreme Hitachi firmware like 1.51 then when drive is up and running run jf and restore the drive to orig this will give u an orig Hitachi without the key then to get it working in an other 360 you would put the key in the firmware with jf and flash again or spoof if not an Hitachi console

hope this helps you m8 sorry to be the bearer of bad new :(

Cozmo

morestyles
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
ok mate spoke to tinkertiler as you have reprogrammed the chip in willems u have lost your key m8 sorry and as for the dash u have on infectus or jtag is not going to work as tinkertilers has said u can still unbrick the drive to work again but not in that 360 as u don't have the key to unbrick it u need to reprogram the chip in a willem programmer with an ixtreme Hitachi firmware like 1.51 then when drive is up and running run jf and restore the drive to orig this will give u an orig Hitachi without the key then to get it working in an other 360 you would put the key in the firmware with jf and flash again or spoof if not an Hitachi console

hope this helps you m8 sorry to be the bearer of bad new :(

Cozmo

hi thanks for the help , i knew i had lost the key because the reason i lifted the chip was to see if the key still existed ( sadly it didnt ) , i wanted to unbrick the drive just to get it working again as it does not even open or close or isnt recognised when pluged into the pc , when the tsop was off i did actualy reprogram it with an iextreme image then i soldered the tsop back in with the same results ? (wont open close ) could it be i didnt solder the tsop back on as good as i could ?actualy thought that part went ok , im not the greatest solderer but i took my time applied some liquid flux and did the drag method off a tutuorial i saw on youtube and all seems to be lined up and sat where it should be ? could it be anything else ?
any help would be apreciated thanks