PDA

View Full Version : Post feedback about Dream-Elite Black Hole 1.0 here

Sicilian
02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
As the title, if anyone has got round to trying the newly released Black Hole image please can you post your feedback/comments here.

Thank you :)

6d John
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I set up Black Hole 1.0 last night for testing. I've not yet tried out all of the functionality, but was generally impressed with the GUI. It's not a huge departure from the alternatives, but has some useful extras for easier setup.

First impressions:

- EPG is good (the on-screen presentation is better than the usual).
- Useful "Now/Next/More" EPG feature enabling you to easily view upcoming programmes hours ahead.
- Useful "Addons" function for installing and managing various Addons.
- Nice "System Info" graphic (though maybe a bit gimmicky).

Other minor observations:

- Although a manual EPG data install worked ok (using OpenTv - Satmate UK provider), an auto EPG download left a crashlog (after successfully downloading and installing the data and leaving the box in radio mode).
- The Webinterface refers to a Dreambox remote graphic, as does the Help section.
- Some of the channel icons are missing in the Picons package I downloaded for the UK channels e.g. Channel4, Film4.

Other than the above, all is currently working well and appears stable.

bobsonthejob
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Right...so my take on this.

I have never used the BH skin before so probably still dont know my way around the image.

Flashing was the easy part. The config was fine. The speed of the image was fine.

I struggled after the config though.... i uploaded the bouquet of channels fine.

I could not figure out how to install ccamm. I downloaded filemanager plugin to install ccamm manually but that would not allow me to select the file to install it.

Its probably just me missing something. so i then reverted back to Pli. (Have opened another thread in which i have another issue).

Hope this helps.

Sicilian
04-03-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm off Friday so will proberbly give this image a once over, tbh I doubt that I'll stay with it. I've used nabilo images before on a DM7025 & found they just had too much eye candy :roflmao: