PDA

View Full Version : Flashing with memory stick.

ttt1892
01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I understand from reading that this is the best way for flashing the receiver.Once the process has finished,does the usb stick have to stay in the receiver? I currently have a Dreambox 7025 with all my images on a cf card using Barry Allen.I`m hoping the whole process is similar to the dreambox.

Thanx.
ttt.

Sicilian
01-03-2010, 02:53 PM
USB sitck does not have to stay in the receiver. If you want to multiboot you can either use the HDD or plugin a usb stick in the rear (so its not seen) for multibooting.

Flashing from usb is actually faster and simpler than the method the DM7025 uses, used to have one of those myself until I upgraded to this baby :zoom:

ttt1892
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanx for the quick reply.I will take your advice from another thread and not try multibooting just yet.I`m hoping to have my VU sometime next week,so I will be seeking advice.I love my 7025,but if the VU is as good then I have the equivilent to the 8000 for half the price.

ttt.

ttt1892
01-03-2010, 03:08 PM
One more question for now m8.Can this beast stream movies from my pc hard drive to my tv?If yes, what type of file does it support? I`ve tried for months to get the 7025 to,but while it works for other people,it never worked for me.
Thanx.
ttt.

Sicilian
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it can, but got to admit I've not played around with the media player much as I've got a seperate media player. Sometime this week I'll try & make time to have a play around with what it can & cant play. IF I've not replied by the end of the week give me another nudge here :)