PDA

View Full Version : Mifi

Treb
22-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I am thinking of buying a Mifi, to pair up with an Ipod touch for wifi use outside the range of my house, there are some mixed reviews on the net about it, has anyone got one and are there any problems? also anybody had anyproblems if the iptouch was Jailbroken.

Tynesider
17-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi, I have a Huawei E586 MIFI and I find it really good. I don't have an ipad but I have an iphone and a Samsung tab and It connects to them with no problems at all. I also use my laptop when at work or on holiday and I get a good connection. I use 3 network and I pay about ?8 a month ( 12 month contract ) for 5gig but find its sometimes not enough. So you might want to think about 10gig for ?15. I tried to upgrade but they wanted to charge me ?49 for breaking my 5gig contract. I tried to use my phone sim in the dongle but they stopped me from doing that,even though I didnt download anything and just used it to browse. I'm sure there must be a way around it.
But yes the MIFI is really good and in certain areas it's quite fast.

allgoodh
07-04-2014, 03:02 AM
i've had a couple of 3g mifi devices and they come in very handy. i have used mine with a jb iphone and a rooted samsung tab without problems