PDA

View Full Version : how to use me laptop to get on xbox live

thelostone
22-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Just got me new toy xbox 360 arcade but my router is up stairs and me xbox is downstairs,i have read i can use my lappy and run my xbox through that to get on to xbox live.I have found some tuts but not for windows 7, any one help? thanks for looking:thumbup2:

thesparky
22-02-2010, 08:40 PM
how about this m8

For Windows

1. Connect Your Ethernet Cable to Your Computer and Xbox

1. Go to start
2. Run
3. Type in ncpa.cpl
4. Hit OK

3. When in internet properties (from above step)

In the network properties, highlight the wireless connection, and the ethernet connection, and select "bridge connections".

4 Now go test your connection *Laptop must be on*

For Mac

step 1
What you'll need
You don't really need much to do this. All you need is: A Mac (this guide is for 10.4 but im sure it would be very similar on 10.5) And XBOX 360 (duh) A wireless connection

step 2
1. Open up system preferences and go to Network.
2. Make sure location is set to "Automatic" and show is set to "Built-in Ethernet."
3. Now where is says "Configure IPv4," select Manually.
4. Enter in 10.0.0.1 as the IP Address.
5. Enter in 255.255.255.0 as your Subnet Mask.

step 3
Your router should have an IP Address, and it is usually 192.168.1.1, check on the bottom of the router to make sure. There should also be a username and password down there too, remember these things. Now go to your internet browser and enter in your router's IP Address in the navigation bar, it will ask you to give a username and password, does this sound familiar? Once you do that, you should go to "Status" on this web page and write down what your IP Address is. Every single one is unique.

step 4
1. Go back to System Preferences now and click on "Sharing."
2. Click on the "Internet" tab.
3. Make sure that on the drop down menu Airport is selected.
4. Click on the box next to "Built-in Ethernet" and hit "Start" at the top.
5. Go ahead and connect your Mac to your XBOX via the ethernet cable.

step 5
1. Go to the "System" blade on your dashboard.
2. Go down to "Network Settings."
3. Now select "Edit Settings."
4. Select your IP settings and choose "Manual."
5. Now enter 10.0.0.2 as your IP Address, 255.255.255.0 as your Subnet Mask, and 10.0.0.1 as your Gateway and hit done.
6. Go ahead and test it right now, it will fail.
7. Now go back to edit network settings and select your DNS settings this time and once again choose "Manual."
8. Enter in the IP Address that is on the bottom of your router as your Primary DNS Server (mine would be 192.168.1.1).
9. Now get out that IP address that you obtained earlier from your router and enter it in as your Secondary DNS Server.
10. Select done and test your connection.

thesparky
22-02-2010, 08:50 PM
There is an easier way to do it.

5 Easy steps:

1. Go to start menu -> Network

2. Under Network, go to "Network and Sharing Center"

3. On the right hand side, click "Manage Network Connections"

4. Right Click on your wireless network and select "Properties"

5. When the Properties box comes up, click the "Sharing" tab and make sure both boxes are checked and click ok. You're done. Try your network connection

thelostone
22-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I did it the harder way:roflmao:thanks bud its sorted