PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Due in a few days.

dfdream
22-02-2010, 03:52 PM
My receiver is due in a few days and I want to see whats the best stable environment to have me up and running asap.

Appologies if some questions are still same answer as a few days ago but with nightly updates things might have changed.

What is the best stable image - VTI .4 or latest PLi.

What is the best HD skin. (stable and useful, not to interested in OTT information.)
Is it built in, auto install from menu or manual install.
What is best installed or menu install skin if I dont want to start installing them.
BTW - the HD skin fix.zip in your downloads section. Is this the skins and the fix or fixes for skins either installed or menu downloadable.

What version of CCCam is stable. (is it menu or manual)

Is Rytec EPG installed or from menu or manual for Sly UK, IT etc and is auto download ok on VTI and PLi.

Is switching transpoders / sats freezing issue still there.

Timeshift recording OK.

Language in Menus.

UHF output - IS there one - its awful on my 7020 - If there I hope its better.

Have you tried any of the downloadable bouquets. If yes whats the best for UK setup.

Am I better of to download satellites.xml or scan. Ive seen issues with channel lists and skins so would either option be best.

Sicilian
22-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Go for the latest OpenPLi, they've applied a patch to the image to fix a CCcam/Tuner bug that it had, now working spot on. Their image can be updated daily using software update to save keep re-flashing as drivers are improved.

Best HD skin? Well I'd say thats down to personal preference. I like the dTV-HD skin. HD skins in the OpenPLi addons menu dont need any fixes applied to them. Just install via addons menu.

CCcam again installed through addons menu. 2.1.4 is available through their addons menu.

Rytec epg plugin is in PLi addons menu under extensions and work's perfect using openpli.

Switching transponders has been fixed with my setup using openpli, although some people are reporting its still there for them.

Timeshift is fixed on latest pli.

Language you can choose.

Sorry no UHF output.

I'll post some setting & bouquets for you later.

dfdream
25-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Sicillian.

Receiver arrived this morning.

Im just wondering is the latest PLi still the one to go for.

I see that the original version is on v4.0 this morning.

If PLi get any updates out of that will the auto update capture them.

As for my setup this is what I intend to do.

Put in HD (1tb Samsung) and connect box to network and sat and power up.

Do basic setup so I can initalise hard disk. (do I need to do anything else at this stage scan or motor setup or ensure a test signal etc).

Then turn off and boot to USB PLi image update. (OpenPLi-unstable-vuduo-20100225_usb.zip) Do you recommend this one or other older one.

To I run update once the image is on or does this image have all the latest stuff.

Setup the motor.

Can I just copy the Catseye E2 Settings file 75 East - 58 West 21.02.2010 settings to /etc/enigma2 or is Dreambox Edit a better option for permissions etc. I remember getting loads of errors uploading and downloading with Dreambox Edit .

Do I need to do any satellite scans once the Catseye E2 Settings file 75 East - 58 West 21.02.2010 files are on the box.

Install and Setup CCCam from menu for my cards.
Install Rytec EPG and setup for Sky UK and do manual download. (do I have to setup auto download).

Install nice HD Skin.

What password and username has the PLi for web, telnet, samba

Test some recordings on EPG.

Hopefully have happy viewing.

Sicilian
25-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Personaly I'd go with today's build of OpenPLi. As updates get released you can just go to software update and update installed image without having to re-flash.

Yes install you hard drive, then just flash straight away with OpenPLi, no need to go through the installed image setup. Once flashed with OpenPLi you can initialize your HDD.

Yes setup tuner config, the I'd transfer settings with Dreambox edit. See atached screenshot for correct settings. In Dreamboxedit Set a profile name, set your VU+Duo IP, username. Then press version 3 settings (Enigma2) and select save.

Once catseye settings are on the box I normally run a scan or the main satellites I use such as 13deg, 19.2, 28.2 to ensure all channels settings are correct.

CCcam & Rytec EPG can all be installed Via PLi addons menu as well as some HD skins. I'm currently using d-DTV HD skin.

Default username = root
Password = Leave blank

As you say, hopefully happy viewing :)

bobsonthejob
26-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Id like to secnd sicilian on his info.

However at the moment i am using the Vti image.

I have had a crack with some other skins....

I have tried, HD Glass13, Ultralate....But found the best one to be hdTV.

kenhib
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Would you still recommend the openPli or go for the new Black hole?

It all changes so quickly!!

dfdream
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Ive been on the PLi for over a week n ow.

last update was 26-02-10 and its perfect.

Nice an stable and everything works.

I havent tried Black Hole but a lot of it depends on if you want a stable box or to be trying things every day.

Pli for me gets the thumbs up as I want to keep it stable and not be flasing every other day.

It also depends on what thins you want the box to do.

D

kenhib
02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for that -as Sicilian has given his approval as well thats what I'll do. When i have more experience I may try some other images!

kenhib
03-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I loaded the openPLi successfully but then i struggled a bit. How do you load Catseye's settings into Dreambox edit? Mine reports 'no services file found'
Thanks for any help!

dfdream
03-03-2010, 01:04 AM
have you connected dremboxedit to your device. If yes do a test ip address and username and password.

They should come up successful.

Then unzip the downloaded catseye bouquets and open dreamboxedit and point to the folder.

Then edit the channels to suit your self and press ftp button and send files to dreambox.

Once completed the software will say something like couldnt reset enigma.

You have to do that on the receiver to see the uploaded bouqets.

Press Menu...Standby/Reset and then restart enigma.

Your channels should appear.

D